Author Topic: Support stockings ? Off topic sorry.  (Read 5353 times)

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
Anyone have experience with support stockings ?
I remember someone talking about them but I cant find the post now.
Dr and insurance co want me wearing them daily, but they dont want to stay up.
These are thigh high style. The pantyhose type are hard to get (custom really) in my size.

hammer

I wear jobbs, 20/30 thigh high black with silicone  beads around the top. I wear them every day too. I get mine from the VA 4 every 6 mo. I do have some that last for a couple years. I only wear them for 1 day and they get washed.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
I thought it was you Hammer.
I have so much fluid in my legs the stupid things keep coming down.

hammer

You may be stretching them out to much. If you pull them out to much they will fall down, but if you pull them up real gently they stay up better.

You may also want to get an adjustable bed if you don't have one to be able to raise your legs as often as possible.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:34:18 AM by hammer »

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
I have seen the glue. I got Sigvaris thigh highs. They are brand new. The silicone does not seem to grip me well. My insurance co will pay for them, so brand and cost is not much of an issue.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Due to circulatory issues, It has been recommended that I wear them for travel where I am relatively immobile for periods of hours. But not necessary for daily wear as I am usually physically active and that prevents to fluid from pooling in the legs. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline littleguy

• Posting Member
I shave my legs where the band goes. Jobst seem to have more comfort in the foot than sigvaris.

hammer

I shave my legs where the band goes. Jobst seem to have more comfort in the foot than sigvaris.

I agree that they are very comfortable in the feet! I don't remember what kind I used to get from the insurance company we used to have, but I have peripheral neuropathy and I felt like my feet were getting crushed!

I like jobst much better then what ever the other brand was, it believe that they are made in Germany.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
My wife says to get a garter.

aboywithgirls

I know that it's for a different reason than most of you. But I wear sheer energy support pantyhose for my vericose vein issue. They provide great support and they stay up and in place until you take them off. I have worn them with both unshaven and shaved legs and they are MUCH more comfortable with shaven legs.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
I know that it's for a different reason than most of you. But I wear sheer energy support pantyhose for my vericose vein issue. They provide great support and they stay up and in place until you take them off. I have worn them with both unshaven and shaved legs and they are MUCH more comfortable with shaven legs.

The kind they want me to wear are way tighter. 20-30mmhg

hammer

I don't see how they would give you the support that we get from the type of support hose that the doctors are prescribing to use such as 20/30 compression! The other thing is they don't hold up near as long either! I get 4 New Pair every six months, however, I still can wear the old ones for a long time beyond the 6 months with proper care.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:41:40 AM by hammer »

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member

If those help you, you may also look at some of the Silkies brand. My wife gets a few different types from them. They are stronger and more compressive than most.

aboywithgirls

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
I have been blessed with bad leg veins, runs in family.  I have worn support hose for 3-4 decades, starting with thigh highs using the glue as well as trying garters,  Not good at all with a construction career.  
I have found that going to a good fitting pantie hose is by far the best way to deal with this. 
 Before you say, get them fixed, I already have had both my legs stripped, but still have to wear the hose. 
I have found that some of the brands mentioned, have provided sizes that work for me, and I am a large guy, at 275.  Interesting to see that many of the reviews are guys like us that have been advised to wear these, and have found that after a few weeks, you look forward to wearing them as opposed to not, as they help a lot.
AW has a queen plus in 15-20 and 20-30 that fits well, stays up, and is really quite comfortable, something important when wearing these 14-16hrs a day.  While I no longer work in construction, I do have a busy life
I look at this same as the need for breast support, if you have a need, there are garments that are made to make your life easier- I don't see these important items as gender specific, they are designed for size, not gender.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024