Author Topic: Is this gynecomastia?  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Miroku

A month or so ago, one of my husband's nipples started hurting. At first, it was just a little tender to the touch, then he noticed a small, soft lump developing under the aureola. The breast has become slightly swollen and soft, but not discolored. There has been no discharge or change in the skin. It's still tender to the touch. He went to the doctor today, and the doc had no idea what it was. He just said to get an ultrasound, maybe a biopsy. It was a low-cost clinic, that seemed to seem mostly children. We don't have insurance and all this stuff will be very expensive. Does this sound like gynecomastia to anyone else? Do you think we should get a second opinion before paying out-of-pocket for expensive tests? I know unilateral gynecomastia can happen, does anyone have experience with it?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Many questions come to mind. Some more information would be helpful.

How old is your Husband?

What medications might he be taking (if any) including over the counter medications, vitamins and herbal supliments?

Any other changes in his health or well being? (Libido changes, weight gain/loss etc.)

Grandpa Dan

Offline Miroku

My husband is almost 35. He is not on any medications; he usually even refuses to take over-the-counter stuff. He takes a mulitvitamin, though. He has had absolutely no changes besides the tenderness at his chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024