Author Topic: Uneven?  (Read 2843 times)

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
Here is a picture about 2.5 weeks post-op. I'm a little worried that things are uneven. On one side, there is nice contour, on the other, much less so. My nipples also seem to be pointing in different directions and my right side nipple is still puffier, though aside from some hard lumps from the lipo, I can't really feel anything else in there. Has anyone else had the  same experience? Does it even out?

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
I'm only just coming up on 2 weeks post op, so I can't answer your 'does it even out' question yet either.

You have hard lumps from the lipo too? it's like they are lower down my chest under my pec muscles. Is that normal? Is it gunna go away?

My nips are unlevel too, but I think that's because one of my pec muscles is a bit differently shaped than the other. God damn I lost so fucking hard with physical genetic traits.

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
Yea, hard lumps are normal. I started gently massaging after about 10 days... haven't noticed a huge difference yet, but I'm told it helps. On the right/uneven side, I feel a hard lump right under the nipple, so I'm hoping when that goes away, the skin will tighten up a bit more and even out. We'll see.

LOL on losing hard with genetic traits :)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
At 2.5 weeks, it is much too early to be worried.  I tell my patients that the two sides of the chest are like two different children -- they will heal at different rates and in different ways.  Just be patient.

As for the nipple disparity, you do appear to have the right nipple slightly lower than the left.  This is not unusual -- just look at your pre-op photos.  Surgery usually doesn't correct this minor flaw.  It comes from studying your chest inn the mirror after surgery -- when prior to surgery, you hardly noticed it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
Its more that the contours that the PS surgeon created seem off when compared side by side. I'm hoping that its swelling. If my right side ends up looking like my left, I'll be happy. Otherwise, I'm guessing its probably an easy tweak to correct (I hope)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
My Mother was an artist. There was one man who she painted portraits of over and again because he was such a challenge to paint. He was also one of the homeliest men I have ever known. His face was truly rare because it was almost perfectly symmetrical.

It is normal to be asymmetrical.

Grandpa Dan

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
...thats true, but when you go under the knife you want to come out symmetrical, IMO.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024