Author Topic: New to this!!  (Read 3046 times)

Offline novascotiahfx

• Posting Member
   Hi there everyone, i am not sure if this is the correct way to post a new message but i will give it a try. I am a 24 yr old male livng in Nova scotia. I am orignally from Corner Broon newfoundland. I have never really talked to anyone about this but summer is appraoching and i cant go through another summer with this problem. I have read a few posting and i see Dr. Fielding in ontario is the cheapest, does newfoundland medical care cover this also? I need help! I wanna get this fixed, badly, can someone give me some info, thanks alot! i am glad i found this homepage

Offline hey_ya

• Posting Member
You should phone the goood doc and ask i belive they were able to use alberta and i think 3timer is from somewhere down there too. This does suck it has sucked for the last 12 years i would give anything to go to the beach and go for a swim. So i called the doc up and have my op on wed. so don't wait another second phone him his number is 1-416-766-8890 don't wait Go Go Go .

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
novascotiahfx:  Yeah.... like hey_ya said, GO MAN GO!!! Get the Op. It'll be the best decision of your life Dude!  ;)

hey_ya:  All the best with your Op on Wednesday Dude!
You are in good hands ( as you know...  ;) ).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 04:14:44 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
  • Your gonna cut what off?
Welcome,
I too am from NS and travelled to Toronto for surgery on Feb. 2. I had to go up for a consultation on Jan. 2 and had surgery booked 30 days later. Pretty impressive considering I waited 3 years in NS for a surgery date and still did not get one. I had excision & lipo and they covered the excision portion through health insurance and I paid for the lipo portion myself ($1284 for chest )
It was a great deal considering that I was planning to go to Montreal for $5000. If it bothers you take the first step and get a consultation and then you will know your options. Flights are pretty cheap right now. I paid $25 (plus taxes )on Jetsgo for my return flight and $125 ( plus taxes ) for my flight up. If you plan it right you could fly up and back on the same day as it is easy to get from the airport to Fieldings office. I'll keep an eye for your posts if you need more info. Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024