Author Topic: Bra size calculator doesn't work for me  (Read 1240 times)

Online Traveler

• Gold Member
I might add Torrid sizing is straightforward - your under bust measurement is your band size.  No “add +4 except…” or other convoluted thing.
Totally agree! Cups seem maybe a little larger, but very comfortable.

Brdy64

I might add Torrid sizing is straightforward - your under bust measurement is your band size.  No “add +4 except…” or other convoluted thing.
Totally agree! Cups seem maybe a little larger, but very comfortable.
I like their measuring technique, I have used it for others brands. 
My first underwire I decided to go with Torrid, and it will be here soon. 
I had problems with calculating off measurements until I watched the Torrid bra measurement videos. I realized from the videos that my fat rolls were throwing me off, the lady said to pull the bust snug if you had side fat. I tried measuring again like she said and it resulted in my bra size that fits. I have used that method ever since. 
My daughter is thin, so the measurements work fine for her without pulling the bust snug. 
They just have the best system in my opinion, and Victoria's secret I think is the worst. 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
so tue when you have wide set boobs even with an under wire the cups stiil wrinle I may have to get inserts small breast forms

Offline Johndoe1

With wide set breasts the gore has to be wider so the cups aren't so close together.  Bras with the wires or cups close together are not for wide set breasts.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Brdy64

With wide set breasts the gore has to be wider so the cups aren't so close together.  Bras with the wires or cups close together are not for wide set breasts.
Yeah, so far I have found front clasp bras fit me better. I guess because the gore is wider. 
I did order a push up bra that is back clasp out of curiosity. I will have to see how it fits. 

Gino

With wide set breasts the gore has to be wider so the cups aren't so close together.  Bras with the wires or cups close together are not for wide set breasts.
Yeah, so far I have found front clasp bras fit me better. I guess because the gore is wider.
I did order a push up bra that is back clasp out of curiosity. I will have to see how it fits.
Agreed. AND they have no tell-tale hooks in the rear. Alas they're rare as hen's teeth. The typical push up bra is a definite no-no for me as my boobs jut straight out and push up style makes it much worse.   

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
Trial and error got me. I started with a 40B. I thought it fit, but it really didn't; the band was too loose, the cups too large. Then I bought a 38B and I thought I had it; bought a few bras in that size and thought I was set, but there was a clearance of the bra I like and they had one in 36B. It isn't too snug at the band and the cups didn't wrinkle at all. The 38's have a little cup wrinkle (mostly on my right side, which is less developed) and while the band might hike up a little if I lift my arms, so maybe I'm a 36B? At least in that one!

I have a good rotation of bras for now (even if their fit isn't optimal), but when I need to refresh (and I work up the courage) I may see if I can get an actual fitting--mostly just for the feedback and suggestions on styles/shapes/brands. The shipping fees for returns makes trial and error a little expensive in the long run.

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I tried the bra that fits calculator website. Said I needed a 38 B/C. 38 B is a little small in the cups. Might be headed to a c cup. So the calculator was pretty much right for me. I don’t have much side boob. Mine are more straight out in front. So the cup sizing works for me. But I have been going braless a lot more now that it is warming up.

Brdy64

I tried the bra that fits calculator website. Said I needed a 38 B/C. 38 B is a little small in the cups. Might be headed to a c cup. So the calculator was pretty much right for me. I don’t have much side boob. Mine are more straight out in front. So the cup sizing works for me. But I have been going braless a lot more now that it is warming up.
Yeah, the side boob really throws things off. That's why in people like me with side boob torrid does a snug bust measurement. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024