Author Topic: Massage to avoid scar tissue?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline torontoboy

• Posting Member
Has anyone been told by their PS to massage their pecs to break down forming scar tissue? I have some under my right pec, which has created a small "bump" making it uneven with my left?

Any advice as to how to massage to break it down for good?

Thanks!

Offline rcbrown23

This is from an older post I wrote:

massage pretty much the whole area. Start at the nip and, in a circular motion, work your way around the whole peck. Do it quite hard, but not so hard that it hurts anything. Maybe start with a light touch, and in the next 2-3 weeks, work your way up to pretty firm massaging. You'll know if it's too hard, just listen to your body.

Don't start massaging untill about week 3-4 or so. Then start with the deep massage a couple weeks after that. I've been told by Bermant to use "cocoa butter with vitamin E". I'm in your same boat, I think. I'm 12 days post and it's a little uneven due to some tough surrounding tissue and bruising. I'm not worried about it at all, as I know what this is and I also know that it will go away within the next month...maybe two. When did you have your op?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 09:19:55 AM by rcbrown23 »

Offline torontoboy

• Posting Member
Well I had my surgery in November (my left pec has been fantastic since), but my right pec developed a seroma/hemotoma that was surgically removed on May 6th. Since then its been getting firm so I think its scar tissue from the recent surgery again (it was a rough one to boot).  

I will try your suggestions. Thanks!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024