Author Topic: At what size did you start feeling the need for a bra?  (Read 10708 times)

hammer

1st a B then a C then a D then a DD and on and on and now a H
You see, I've had my ups and downs about wearing bras over the last, well since 1995 years! Finally my doctor told me I needed to as a 46H but I still don't all the time.

You see,  " my eyebrows aren't plucked there's a gun in my truck thank God I'm Still A Guy"! Even though I lost my testicles!

I still get stuck once and awhile, even though I know in my heart I know that bras are made to support breast, and it doesn't matter if the breast are on the man or a woman!

Oh, the hell with this, I'm going ice fishing! With or without a bra, lol

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
At an A/B cup for activities like mountaineering to eliminate bounce.  But not for regular wear. 
At 46 B to 46 C I only wear a bra for activities when bounce is annoying. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
When I went in to doc a few years ago, it was suggested that I should take care of my developing breast.  Certainly passed the pencil test without concern.
When getting fitted the first time, I found that I needed a 46C or 48B bra, so guess that is the size that  matters,  Certainly a lot more comfortable for me to wear as opposed to not wear a bra. 

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
I would like to add an additional point, reflecting on what Paa_Paw said about wearing only when doing activities that stimulate a lot of breast movement.
I have discovered that when I do not wear a good bra, my upper chest, near the shoulder muscles tend to become sore.  By wearing a bra daily, this issue goes away.  I suggest that day to day activity is enough to cause those blessed with extra breast tissue to stretch muscles that normally don't when breast tissue is supported properly. 
The point, if you have extra breast tissue hanging around, it has to be supported on regular basis or chances are you will have sore muscles that are trying their best to do the same.

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
Have you gotten a fitting?  Getting some one who can help you get the right bra should solve your concerns.

Well I tried the minimizer bra; it is an underwire and it fits well but I just cannot get used to it. It seems to smooth me out and distribute the "girls" more but it still lifts and once lifted, I stick out. I thought I was a 44 B/C but after being measured I am closer to a 44D, which could explain why the minimizer did not do what I wanted it to do since it was a 44B. Then again it could just be the bra I had on at the time of measuring. Oh well, I did find a sports bra with molded cups. May try that.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
PaulPark21:  Since I last answered this post I went from the 46B/C to a 46 C/D with more D than C. I have not gotten fitted but have found some great Bali bras that are underwire minimizers and fit great. They do a little push-up and shape my "assets" but the comfort is worth the effort. If I do not use an underwire bra, my upper chest, shoulder and upper back muscles all get strained and I do not need the strain. Regardless of all of this, life is still a joy and God loves us! You cannot beat that!

Offline xwhybreasts

• Posting Member
At 38B/C ,the tenderness, soreness was sever enough that I had to try something.  I tried the Genie and Cozy bras.  The relief was almost immediate.  For my situation I am in agreement with dbweb, it needs to be done consistently.  I now tend to use a sports bra for work (construction) and the Genie type for around the house.

hammer

I actually find even as big as I am, given that I have a very sedentary life style being disabled the genie bra is sometimes all I need to use myself to keep the girls calm, lol! I know it doesn't give me the support the 46H's need, but it keeps them tied down, in the corral.

Blousbunnys

Started to wear a bra when I was a C cup. I needed the support because the bounce was becoming uncomfortable. I also wanted to conceal my nipples. Depending on the bra style, I am a D cup in most bras.

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
Yupp, I have to agree with Blousbunnys. Started when at a 36C and now 36D. Also, yes hide the nipples [I wear lined bras]. Just cooking in the kitchen can cause enough bounce somedays. Basically, I started when I was feeling sore. IF, it makes it thru my pain meds there must be an issue [LOL].

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
When I started wearing a bra 9 months ago, I was a 44B.  I recently lost weight and now I’m wearing a 42C.  I should have worn a bra sooner as I’ve had breasts since I was a preteen.   I had a lot of jiggling and could have used the containment.  It’s second nature to wear a bra now and I don’t regret it at all.  

Offline blad

I am at 38C. Had at least a B cup since my teens. 

I really should have started wearing a bra to school but for the obvious issues. I was accepting of the need for a bra in my teens and wore them as much as I felt I could at the time. I definitely preferred the feeling of support from the bra from the time I first tried one.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I’m 38b and at that awkward stage in my breast growth where appreciate how much I benefit from some support, but I’m still trying to remain stealthy about my condition. I am very lucky to have a caring and supportive partner. She knows about my condition and is fine with me wearing a bra to deal with it. I have been wearing a bra during physical activities for some months, but recently have decided to wear one more or less full time.

If I go without a bra, I have somewhat less projection but more visible breast movement, and my nipples are very prominent. With a bra, there is more projection, but the nipples are less obvious and breast movement is controlled. Overall, I’m pretty sure that I am actually less obvious to others in a bra than out of one, though I still feel very self-conscious when wearing it. I’m pretty sure I have had a few sideways glances when going braless, but even though I am hyper-aware when out and about in a bra, I have never noticed anyone give me a second glance.

In practical terms there is no contest. If I am doing anything reasonably active without a bra it soon gets quite painful. The nipple abrasion is immediately unpleasant, the muscle soreness and aches build up over time. Even around the house I notice soreness and aches after a while. Since deciding to wear a bra most of the time I have become aware of just how pervasive the discomfort had become throughout time I was trying to avoid wearing one! I still wish I didn’t need to wear a bra, but glad that I now do, even with my relatively modest growth. As others have observed, comfort is paramount.

Offline Johndoe1

If I go without a bra, I have somewhat less projection but more visible breast movement, and my nipples are very prominent. With a bra, there is more projection, but the nipples are less obvious and breast movement is controlled. Overall, I’m pretty sure that I am actually less obvious to others in a bra than out of one, though I still feel very self-conscious when wearing it. I’m pretty sure I have had a few sideways glances when going braless, but even though I am hyper-aware when out and about in a bra, I have never noticed anyone give me a second glance.
I too have noticed the same thing. While I too have more projection when wearing a bra along with a little more feminine appearing bust, I am noticed much less when properly supported than when not. I think it is due to several reasons. One, depending on the bra and top, I can shape what the breasts look like and can play up or play down the breasts. Second, with the breasts supported, they are not moving around drawing attention. And third, I had a physically comfort I had not had before when doing activities. And fourth, something that surprised me, I gained confidence in my appearance because I had control over my chest when wearing a bra. This confidence didn't come overnight, but when you are comfortable, you are not thinking about it and you focus on other things and this dictates how people perceive you and they are focused on other things too. Overtime, it just comes the norm.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

DW20

Bit of daft question if you think about it
Size  does not correlate with the need for a bra.
It's more a matter of when did I start feeling uncomfortable enough, as a man, to even consider  wearing one.
For me it was when I was 34A now 34B, Sore nipples that showed through T Shirts enough to realise that there was more than a hint tissue behind the nipple. Instinctive holding of the breasts when running, going down stairs  and hopping over dry stone walls and stiles in order to stop the awful "jiggle".
Seeking help from my Doc, who advised a bra, was a matter of seeking comfort not whether I was of a size that demanded it. 

Equally wearing a bra  is not about feminisation but about comfort. The chest is not the only part of the body to change shape and other items womens clothing will often provide a much better fit .  

Just for the record, measuring by usual female orientated methods  made me a 38B initially, but 34A fitted and stayed in place which  backs up the oft given forum advice to get fitted. A good fitter will almost size you by sight  and make sure the bra fits you rather than making you squeeze into the size measuring suggests.  There are just so many variables

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024