Author Topic: what to do when time is a factor?  (Read 3310 times)

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
I can't stand the thought of exercising for the next few months to come because of gyne, and to not even be guaranteed it will go away. What if it is a waste of time and I need a different approach, and just threw away lots of precious time for nothing and just prolonged having it? What should i do?
Life would be fine if it wasn't for gyne...

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
when I started exercisng I did not want to do it either not many people do.It hurts , initially and you feel self concious as well.

But you will feel a huge sense of achievement when your body starts to look better and you will  start to want to do more.Nothing  is certain m8 but being fat with gyne looks even worse in my opinion at least get rid of one problem instead of having two.

It took me six mths until I started to really look good that is a lot of commitment  but then if you still have a problem get surgery as a reward for sorting the rest of it out. remember if you have surgery and go back to an unhealthy lifestyle all that money will have been wasted.
         Nargle is right , it is better ideally to be fit before you have surgery. Also a ps told me it is easier to get a better result with someone who has low body fat than who is overweight to begin with.
     If you want advice on exercise /diet there is the training and exercise section on this site, there are books and you could go to a gym for advice. or Pm me and I will give you some advice on what helped me.

Good luck.

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
All I have to say is get off your lazy ass and exercise.  "Can't stand the thought of exercising"... Jesus Christ this is one of the reasons why Americans are so fat.

Not to sound so mean here dude but it's my opinion that no one should even consider gynecomastia surgery unless they are "reasonably" fit.  Exercise has many benefits besides reducing gyne, if you haven't heard.  If you exercise and still have it, then it IS most likely gland or tissue that a surgeon must remove if it bothers you.  The surgeon will have a better time operating on you too if you're in shape.  Everyone has a busy schedule, but there is no excuse in my mind why anyone should totally become fat.  I'm not talking nowhere near a six pack abs either, just something ya know?

Yeesh...no need to be harsh man, I am not lazy at all, just saying I would be disappointed if exercise was to no avail. I've been meaning to lose about an additional  25 pounds aside from the 65 or so I lost these past 2 years, but anyways, thanks though for being harsh actually ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 03:53:20 PM by AGOF »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
but anyways, thanks though for being harsh actually ;)

Oh, oh..... Road Rage.....    ;D

John.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 03:56:33 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
lol personally if i had gyne and was fat and had the approach you do about exercise/fitness

i would not care that i had fat/gland on my chest

u look like shit if ur fat with gyne/no gyne so who cares

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
lol personally if i had gyne and was fat and had the approach you do about exercise/fitness

i would not care that i had fat/gland on my chest

u look like shit if ur fat with gyne/no gyne so who cares

look like shit if ur fat? Where in my post did I say I was?? I weigh a comfortable 187 lbs. And I made it clear in a previous post that it wasn't the exercising I didn't want to do , it was "I would be disappointed if exercise was to no avail" for the gyne ONLY.  Listen closer next time...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The breast area is a perfectly normal place for fatty deposits in men.  In some of us it seems to be the first place to gain fat and the last place where we lose it. Some men lose weight to an unhealthy degree in an unsuccessful attempt to reduce the size of their breasts.  Others  become obsessive about even the slightest bit of breast enlargement which is statistically normal.

Exercise has little to no effect on the fatty deposits in the breast area,  Which is bad news for a lot of men.

When a person has been significantly over weight and then loses weight the skin will probably not shrink to fit the leaner body and some sagging is the inevitable result.

Even so, most of us are a bit too short for our weight and since we cannot do much about our height, reducing the weight seems to be the only healthy recourse.

The issue is overall fitness and health,  Not breast size.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
If you have gyno and it is glandular based then no exercise will not get rid of it. However in my experience you can reduce the fat on your chest through diet and exercise.

I have lost more than 3 stone in the past six months. I went from seventeen stone and six foot two to now thirteen stone seven. I had to do this for two reasons firstly career choice, and also my surgeon would not operate until my BMI was under 25. As using the nhs in the uk my health authority would not so the op if it was caused by weight gain. Even though my gyne was drug induced,

anways if you have the time and know what you are doing you can lose the fat off your chest, Fat comes off generally all over your body when you lose weight you just have to be paitient, the last areas to go were my chest and stomach and they have gone down a lot in the process. i have no loose skin either. probably due to my age. my chest is not perfect as I have slight excess gland on one side but it looks a million times better .
       I am  now debating whether to have surgery at all as I don't look like I have breats anymore just a slightly larger nipple on one side. Doing it this way is not easy  but it can be done.  

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member

look like shit if ur fat? Where in my post did I say I was?? I weigh a comfortable 187 lbs. And I made it clear in a previous post that it wasn't the exercising I didn't want to do , it was "I would be disappointed if exercise was to no avail" for the gyne ONLY.  Listen closer next time...

187 lbs?? ok. lol.  this number means something to me?  U can be fat at any weight.  fatass is measured not in weight but in body fat %.

like i said.  IT is incredibly rare to have insane gyno if u are not overweight.  For those people, i feel you.  but obviously you don't have insane gyno that u would consider even exercise to help the condition.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
my only point is ur worried about gyno which is an aesthetic condition

yet you dont watn to exercise.. which improves the aesthetic condition because it might not help your gyno..

this is just contradictive and it doesn't make sense to me.  i'm sure to others as well.

somone who has this outlook about exercise (hassle) gennerally tends to not care how they look too much

so why do u care how ur chest looks?

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
my only point is ur worried about gyno which is an aesthetic condition

yet you dont watn to exercise.. which improves the aesthetic condition because it might not help your gyno..

this is just contradictive and it doesn't make sense to me.  i'm sure to others as well.

somone who has this outlook about exercise (hassle) gennerally tends to not care how they look too much

so why do u care how ur chest looks?

why do i care? hmm...maybe cause i am a dude with breasts! Yes exercise is a hassle and takes up a lot of time, i will not lie about how i feel aobut the process. But if I knew for sure it would work, i would do it without thinking twice. Only reason i am contradicting is because i wanna look normal by the time next summer gets here and not waste my time on a lost cause....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 05:59:35 PM by AGOF »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If the breast tissue was only fat, weight loss alone would help.

The truth is that there is usually some glandular tissue within a mound of fat.

If the hormonal condition which caused the breast growth no longer exists, the glandular tissue will degrade over time leaving only fatty, saggy breasts.  This is true also of post menopausal women.

The only real difference between male and female breasts is the degree of maturation of the glandular tissue.

The range of "normal" is very wide.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024