Author Topic: Concerns about levick  (Read 2427 times)

K201

I just googled Paul Levicks name and there seems to be quite a lot of bad reviews ?
Also saying that he has been taken to court ?

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
I've just read that court case, he was found not guilty and considering the amount of surgeries he has done to only have one whinging old bag try and get money off him through sueing is not bad going.  I think in that line of work as well you are always going to get people who expect more than what is realistic.

All you need to do is read through here, that's when I did and found nothing but gleaming reviews for him and now I am included in giving him another positive review.  

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:20:27 PM by rotors »

Offline theobserver

I lerk here quite often and in fact I had surgery with Dr Levick at The Priory a few days ago. I have been reluctant on if I would ever make a post here but like you  I imagine I did my research on who the big players were and decided on Dr Levick and again like you I was looking for negative reviews as well as positive online and in the forum.

Fact is  not to brush off the negatives my heart goes out to them but it seemed to be a very distraught dare I say traumatized woman who was posting the same negatives on various forums and sites on Levick calling him a butcher and then there is the old court case which he was cleared on too from years go. There are some random posts from this and last year but they don't seem to be so much about Levick more their expectaions and even their mistakes.

I read another thread on here regarding how when you have a successful op rarely does the average joe go and shout to the world how awesome it was and it fixed everything especially if it's embarrassing. You smile and get on with life and the people who have yet to fix the issue or are still interested in the topic don't learn what happened next.

That said you'll find many here who used Levick  and had success and look amazing but you'll also see usually in their posts the rollercoaster of the healing process and their fear and doubt along the way that maybe they need a revision maybe they need this as they forget they wont "fully heal" for some time. Some people cut corners and damage their healing "decided to work out after 1 week"  " starting drinking the next day to celebrate"  "slept on my stomach woops" and then they get a dodgy result.  That's not to say that sometimes a person gets unlucky and they need to be seen again or get advice and thats why you keep in touch with levick or whomever your surgeon is if not him.

I can't speak for others and maybe I'll do some more posts for awhile before I probably never visit this site again but my experience was amazing and Dr Levick is a cheeky chap who knows how to communicate well and HE'S BEEN THERE.

My advice is (and remember he is retiring in October this year) If you want the best results then give him the best canvas to work with and look after the masterpiece created (your new flat as a pancake chest) by following the instructions for healing afterwards as much as humanly possible in your life and do not cut corners on your healing. (Don't go lifting after 1 week like a mad man because of gains being lost just focus on eating cleanly for the moment)

Healing well? That Means eat well, sleep well, moderate movements, keep moving but sfely, keeping your blood pressure low ignore stressful situation. Eating clean. Cut out  any junk, smoking and drinking for a good month or 2 if not in general and Understand we all heal differently and while you'll likely have out and about results in 2-3 weeks  true results can be months even a year and there's many different stages to go through and possible re-swelling and of course the  inevitable scar tissue which you should massage carefully and often.

Food for thought my Bank is incredibly helpful to me and actually has saved me on occasions with an incident of fraud and needing emergency funds when my card was stolen. I've had great experience with customer support (personally) on phone and in person. Yet I know if I looked online I'd see plenty 1 out of 5's and worst bank ever comments but I know where they are coming from.

Just be realistic with results that you want. Figure out the worse case results scenario with the surgery and if you can live with that and be truthful if you believe you  can stick to the recovery suggestions day in day out. My Biggest fear was a concave chest or my nipples looking weird but I decided the alternative of continuing to live with my chest as I get closer to my 30s was a no no. 

Whatever you decide Good Luck but DR Levick has my approval so much so that I came out of the dark to write a damn novel.

GOOD LUCK

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Great post. Thankyou. 

K201

Yeah that was a great reply .
Cheers 

Offline paul786

• Posting Member
Problem seems to be mainly he has so many good reviews when someone posts a bad one the people who had a good experience jump on them.

Not everyone can get it right all the time Mr Levick isn't a god

I have had nothing but issues with mine its been 13 months I have had 3 ops from levick all for the same issue

I have had a haematoma that went untreated and caused a lot of scar tissue that all had to be removed then yesterday I had a another op and he found a saroma a possible reason for me not healing properly in the first place.

Point I am trying to make is people shouldn't jump on people because they're not happy
the woman mentioned might have had good reason to complain her not winning is beside the point she still might not be happy with the result....you only get one body.

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
I can only imagine what you've been through with this. Sounds like you've had rough ride. Your right what you say nobody is perfect at their job not even mr levick. Can i ask why your haematoma was left untreated?

Offline paul786

• Posting Member
Because Mr Levick didn't know what had happened until he opened me up again
to sort out some of the issues I had out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024