Author Topic: Gynecomastia and cross dressing  (Read 9429 times)

Offline ssheers

I read in another thread about this. I started cross dressing at puberty at the same time I started to develop breasts. I always wondered if these were connected. But based on my observations and the posts by many men on this site, I think not. I have met many cross dressers over the years and most were flat chested. If you look at cross dressing sites they sell breast plates to give the illusion of breasts. I fortunately have never needed these. Please this is totally unscientific, but would love to hear other peoples thoughts.

Offline Denman

• Posting Member
That is an interesting quandary. Could your mind influence your hormones which grew your breast tissue? I would tend to say no, but a doctor could answer this better. 

Offline taxmapper

Total male here. 

No I don't "crossdress" for the purpose of any kind of sexual thing. The "cross dressing" (bra wearing) is a practical aspect of breast support. 

I think alot of that aspect does exist, and there may be more involved.  

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I read in another thread about this. I started cross dressing at puberty at the same time I started to develop breasts. I always wondered if these were connected. But based on my observations and the posts by many men on this site, I think not. I have met many cross dressers over the years and most were flat chested. If you look at cross dressing sites they sell breast plates to give the illusion of breasts. I fortunately have never needed these. Please this is totally unscientific, but would love to hear other peoples thoughts.
I was similar except that I developed later in my 40,s from prescription drugs and thenstarted wearing bras. now i started wearing womens bladder control panties out of need. i have a little leakage from bph dont like the bulky pads or mens depends the panties work much better and can wear them all dat with out getting wet. I dont think of this as crossdressing but a medical need just like wearing a bra for gyno

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
From sheers:
"... I started cross dressing at puberty at the same time I started to develop breasts. I always wondered if these were connected. But based on my observations and the posts by many men on this site, I think not...."

They're not organically connected.  As one of the regular contributors always puts it:
"Bras are for breasts."  Of course, some cross-dressers have gynecomastia, but they're distinct phenomena.  Most of the contributors here - as you noted - who have "accepted" their gynecomastia are not cd.

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
I have had breasts since I was puberty. I have always liked to dress like a woman and now at 60 years old I am in a transgender process.

Offline taxmapper

One other aspect that is difficult to construct into a specific message without misinterpretation. 

When I was much younger, and even up to today, I did wonder why I didn't grow 'hips" like a female. 

One thing that i was told when I was around 17, I had a short bout of estrogen hitting the breasts and causing "lumps" behind my nipple. 
I was told by the family doctor that it was normal, but that when I hit around 50, I would probably grow breasts. 

It was totally hormonal. that it would in fact have me think in ways most other men wont. 

I like women. that simple. But:  To this day it makes me wonder why I keep thinking I should have "hips".

perky

One other aspect that is difficult to construct into a specific message without misinterpretation.

When I was much younger, and even up to today, I did wonder why I didn't grow 'hips" like a female.

One thing that i was told when I was around 17, I had a short bout of estrogen hitting the breasts and causing "lumps" behind my nipple.
I was told by the family doctor that it was normal, but that when I hit around 50, I would probably grow breasts.

It was totally hormonal. that it would in fact have me think in ways most other men wont.

I like women. that simple. But:  To this day it makes me wonder why I keep thinking I should have "hips".
When I was about 15 I also had buds behind my nipples. They did just go away after a couple of years. Ive never heard before that if you have buds at a young age then you will most likely to develop breast later in life. At 60 I first noticed my breast enlarging and had tests etc which were perfectly normal. Im 63 now at my breast are about an A or near B cup. Im not overweight though and never have been and not on any meds. Doesn't make much sense to me. I probably should also say that I do cross dress and dont need to fill a bra with silicon anymore. 

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member

This is a tricky one.  I started growing breasts at 11 years old.  I guess I’ve always been a little confused because I grow breasts, but have a penis and I was attracted to girls.  I think a part of me wondered why I never got hips either.

i didn’t mind that I grew breasts and came to accept and like that I had breasts.  I believe that I’m a male with a lot of effeminate traits, but didn’t get into the idea of wearing women’s clothing.

After deciding to wear a bra for support and comfort  almost 2 years ago, I’ve also began to wear some women’s shirts and layering tank tops as they have more room in the chest.

i believe that this has awakened something inside of me to take it a step further to try dresses, underwear and pants.  I’m not sure where this is going, but time will tell.

Offline SideSet

Thank you for the provocative post. It is the old chicken or egg thing. Regardless of which came first, it is good to see you embracing and making the most of what you are

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
That’s the catch is that I’m not sure who I am now and I need time to figure that out. 

Offline SideSet

Just do what is natural. If something comes to mind, try it.  If it feels good, continue and try more things. If it does not feel good, then you can stop that and try something else. 

It sounds as if that is what you did with that dress in your other post.   That dress looked great on you.  And you said you liked how you felt in it, too.   Now you know you like wearing dresses and look good in them too. 

What else do you think might work for you?  And are interested in?  Try it.  Can’t hurt. 

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
It's easier said than done, but there is legitimately nothing wrong with men gravitating towards traditionally female "things" and trying them out (most of these "things" were originally male "things"- google it).  Style/jewelry is not a gender specific trait.  If you head out rocking a pretty dress, pretty earrings, pretty painted nails/toes, how does that make you feel?  If you feel confident enough in your appearance it's unlikely that anyone would comment about it.

I'm 48, have long since "solved" my breast problem, but am also acutely aware that if it would be acceptable to my peers I'd totally be rocking a bra, polish, and earrings :)  Sadly it's not that way so I'm in a semi loose button-down shirt and jeans, have self-applied matte clear nail polish on my fingers that nobody knows about, and my ears are quite virgin and without any holes.

Offline SideSet

Brock, a very sensible approach, being true to yourself, but cognizant and considering others. 

Maybe panties or such underneath?

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
That's actually a very coincidental question, to be honest :)  While I am not into panties, due to some additional weight loss over the past year I'm now down to a size 34 waist and needed to get some new underwear to accommodate that a few weeks ago; my "XL" briefs became too bulky for my new pants/jeans.  As it happened, Target did not have any size "L" briefs in stock so I tried out a pack of "sports briefs" since that's what they had.

These seem to be, in essence, panties for dudes.  There is no hole/flap, they sit low, the "Hanes" tag is on the front as if it were your wife's Victoria's Secret bow, etc.  At first I balked at them due to the massive difference in feeling and what I call their "overly festive" colors, but gave them a chance.  It turns out these things rock!

I happen to also suffer from a condition that I don't recall the name of, but it's basically a pinched nerve in the waist/pelvis area that causes serious pain/burning sensation in my right thigh due to compression from clothing. Having my underwear sit lower than my waistline has allowed me to wear jeans that won't fall off of my ass with zero discomfort to date!

While I haven't indulged myself on any feminine garments down there,  I think I now understand the benefits of the basic "pantie" design and provided you are willing to visit the stall instead of the urinal to do your business, I've found this underwear to be extremely comfortable.  Depending on the brand/model, you might also find that your "stuff" tends to be enhanced in appearance :)  My wife has not complained!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024