Author Topic: Thin or fat?  (Read 2681 times)

Offline stepgranpep

• Posting Member
Hi. My weight fluxuates a bit and I don't know if my manboobs look less unnatural when my weight is down or when it is up. When I gain a few pounds, they basically put on mass more than any other part of me. So they really get huge. But hey, I'm a fat guy, so who cares if I have boobs? Then when I'm thin, (I've lost large amounts of weight on several occaisions to try and lose the boobs.) they're smaller, but I'm not a fat guy and therefore have no valid reason to have boobs. But I do. Anyone else ever had this conflict? 

GynO_DuDe

Everyone has had that conflict including myself ... (well when I was pre-op anyway) but you got to realise its best to lose the weight before going to have an operation as the surgeon can sculpt your chest better.

Offline stepgranpep

• Posting Member
You smug bastard with your fancy surgery.>:( Just kidding. I have a wife and son and I wait tables for a living. I can't afford that shit! Isn't there some way to make the government pay for it? An insurance scam? or maybe a product I could blame my problem on and sue for surgery costs?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 04:06:52 AM by stepgranpep »

GynO_DuDe

lol, mate ... im not a millionaire. Im a 20 year old student, who sold his car, who used his student loan to have the surgery mate.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You are walking a thin line here, c17361736.

While I know that it is not uncommon for a young man to suffer depression and other things as a result of Gynecomastia; As a direct cause of suicide, well, we are all here - - right.

I know of only one person who attempted suicide due to Gynecomastia. The problem was that he did not have Gynecomastia, His problem was Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
As far as getting insurance to pay for it, what if you played up that it was really painful?  I had a thick vericose vein in my leg for years which to remove would have been a cosmetic, uncovered procedure, but then I played up that it was really painful and then they paid to have it removed.  A friend of mine did the same thing to have some moles lasered off, complaining that they really itched a lot.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
People who are successful in getting their medical insurance to pay for this seem to be in the minority.  My insurance paid for the hospital fees and thats about it.  I will get a small tax rebate from the government but thats about 15% of the total cost.

Depending what country you live in however, you might be able to get it done for free.  The UK, Europe and possibly Canada (?) have this.
But if you are in USA forget it.  Haven't you guys seen Sicko?

I'm in Australia and the situation is similar to America. i.e. pay through your nose.  I think one (big) advantage of paying for it yourself is you get to choose your doctor.  If the government pays for it then you don't choose your doctor.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024