Author Topic: My diary. 8 months post op. Surgery with Karidis.  (Read 26403 times)

Offline Albion71

• Bronze Member
That's a tremendous result Blue2. Must have been a great feeling to go the south of France and not worry about taking your shirt off.

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
This whole thread has been a total revelation to me ! the results are great blue :),ive had some money saved up for a while and i was gonna take a trip to thailand for a couple of wild weeks in october ,but after seeing your post op pics thailand can wait till next year when hopefully ill have a better chest.
The pre op pics on 1st page is exactly like mine are at the moment , im similiar build, i go to gym , im 19 % bf ,41 % muscle mass,but no matter how many presses i do the moobs dont shift so ill be seekin out Dr. Karidis soonish ,thanks for taking the time to do this thread blue and all the rest of you guys aswell,hope it works out for you all!

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
The latest pics are great. Brilliant results, mate. I am just back in the UK after traveling with some mates. It was great not to be worried about my chest. First time I have been swimming on the beach in a good few years. I ate and drank loads more than usual and did next to no exercise, so I've got to get back down the gym and work on my gut.

Well done again, mate.
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
The latest pics are great. Brilliant results, mate. I am just back in the UK after traveling with some mates. It was great not to be worried about my chest. First time I have been swimming on the beach in a good few years. I ate and drank loads more than usual and did next to no exercise, so I've got to get back down the gym and work on my gut.

Well done again, mate.

LOL!  :D Yeah same here mate. At least we now have some motivation to keep it going.  ;) Good to hear about your post gyne beach antics!! There will be plenty more where they came from.  8)
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Wow is it really that long since I added to this thread?  ;D Anyway, no updated pics I am afraid. I moved house at the end of August and have been working flat out to get it decorated etc. ready for Christmas. Just might make it too!  :P During this time I have had a few up's and down's. There was one day about a week or two ago when I could have sworn that the gyne had come back! Talk about panic!! Anyway, this swelling did subside by the next day and now it is back to normal which was a relief. So it just goes to show, even after 8 months, things are still settling down. It seems like the 12 month mark is where you need to be at to really get some idea of how you will look long term. So for all you guys who are flapping about results after a few weeks, DON'T!!! It does, and will take time. If after 12 months and you are still not happy then maybe you have cause for concern. But my advice would be to sit tight and give it time. Patience is a virtue you know?  ;)

On a more somber note, for those of you who have previously PM'd me regarding my wifes health, things have taken a slight turn for the worse. It would appear that her tumours have increased in size slightly which was devastating news to us both. She's a fighter though and won't give up easily. She's on some new drugs which will hopefully allow her to go on a stronger course of chemo which will hopfully do some good. Fingers crossed. And we all think we have problems with our moobs! I know it's all relative and everyone has their own problems, but it's just been a difficult couple of years having to cope with both. Anyway, I will keep you all posted. And for all of you who have taken the plunge this year....CONGRATULATIONS! And welcome to the other side. Good luck to everyone with your recovery's.

Cheers.

Offline Roversboy

• Posting Member
Blue,

Best of luck to your wife I hope the new drugs are a help, your original post inspired me to go & see Karidis so many thanks
Surgery : 25th October 2008
Surgeon : A Karidis

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
Went to see my Karidis on Friday just waiting on a call back now to organize a date for the surgery, he mentioned that its easy for him to reduce the nipple size just wondering if you had this done? Also the secretary said i'd have to get blood tests prior to surgery and they could provide them for over £100. Did everyone else get asked to have these done and is it possible to get them done on the NHS for free?

hadenuf

I just asked my GP and the nurse did it for me. She and the doc both asked what it was for so I was honest and told them. I told the nurse the ones I needed and they did them no problem and I got a print out of them a week later.

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
thanks, not sure what blood tests i need exactly but im guessing they will provide some information pack or something that tell me ???

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Went to see my Karidis on Friday just waiting on a call back now to organize a date for the surgery, he mentioned that its easy for him to reduce the nipple size just wondering if you had this done? Also the secretary said i'd have to get blood tests prior to surgery and they could provide them for over £100. Did everyone else get asked to have these done and is it possible to get them done on the NHS for free?

The nips will shrink in size anyway as they will no longer be getting stretched by the gland. Unless you have abnormally large nipples I wouldn't bother. The end results can be a bit disapointing from what I have seen. I did not have any nipple reduction, just the gland removal which did the trick. I actually can't belive how big they looked when I look back at my pre op pics!  ;D

Offline kingboob

The nips will shrink in size anyway as they will no longer be getting stretched by the gland. Unless you have abnormally large nipples I wouldn't bother. The end results can be a bit disapointing from what I have seen. I did not have any nipple reduction, just the gland removal which did the trick. I actually can't belive how big they looked when I look back at my pre op pics!  ;D

I want my nipples reduced, (although I got told off for asking if my nipples will shrink, they are called areolas apparently  :D ) ......... mine have not yet shrunk, but they were huge, more like womens to be honest.......

As you say, most people don't need it, mine have certainly reduced a bit, but they were so big anyway......  interesting that you say the end results are often poor?  Do you mind me asking how you know this, as that would be a concern of mine if I asked for a revision to get it done...... I don't scar great on my chest anyway, so I guess the last thing I would want is a large ring scar around my nipple, that would look freaky LOL

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Your case is obviosuly one for the experts to make an informed decision on. When I say that the results ar often poor, I am only refering to pics I have seen in the past. However, techniques may well have improved and so please don't take my comments as gospel. Sorry if I misled you. All I really meant was that in most cases the 'areolas' LOL do shrink down to an acceptable size, but of course there are always exceptions to this rule. I would get at least a cuople of professional opinions before making any decision to have a reduction. Hope that clears it up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024