Author Topic: cant wait surgery in a week at 14 on the nhs  (Read 3325 times)

Offline unitedkingdom1

• Posting Member
getting surgery next friday on the nhs at 14 yay heres some pictures of my puffy nipples http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15624.0 please comment and tell me if youve had surgery on the nhs and was it a good experience thanks :)

Offline kingboob

Hmm, I can't believe they approved surgery for such a minor problem.....

To be honest if I were you I would be waiting a few years to see if it goes away, at 14 you must be in the middle of puberty with hormones going crazy..... why risk being scarred for life when the problem may just correct itself over time?

Offline unitedkingdom1

• Posting Member
o i forgot to mention lol ive had it for 4 years and its more than minor im pretty skinny so you can see them from a mile off lol im getting surgery because there not gonna go now so i might as well get them removed and enjoy my life instead of hiding them in the changing rooms not swimming not taking my top off on holiday all them things get me down so thats why

hadenuf

Good luck with the surgery mate. It don't really matter how bad it is if it makes any of us feel bad about our bodies. I know what it is like at your age to not want to do sports or swimming etc. Shame I had to wait until 38 as I have lost so much of my life to this. You are still young enough to enjoy what should be the best part of your life.

Hope it all goes well :)

hadenuf

Maybe it is just me but I never even considered the nhs route as I know it is cosmetic and not life threatening. This must have existed forever and in the past there will have been no option but to get on with life. Though media was never like it is now beaming the perfect image to us 24 hrs a day.

I very rarely visit the doctor now if I can ask my pharmacy and by my meds as it is so hard to get an appointment and then he is just a computer doc and does what the pc says after putting in my symptoms and if computer says no I have had it lol.

I see the nhs as somewhere that will help if I get ill but nothing more and would never consider it for cosmetic work. some are lucky but most are not.

Just get over the nhs not doing what you want and pay for it and get on with life, not worth even thinking or worrying about it really.

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
It's amazing that the NHS is gonna do this 14-year-olds surgery when they tell all others wait until your early twenties. Imagine there are men with severe gyne that looks like real boobs and they are messed around to see psychologists or completely rejected, when a 14-year-old who hasn't finished puberty can get the surgery like that. Expect some people to be pissed. You know maybe it's true that NHS are against men, because they can approve this for a kid and I think women have a better chance than men for surgeries. They do boob jobs for women on the NHS. I remember a woman at work had a boob reduction on the NHS and I don't think she was that big to begin with.

Still, congrats on the surgery, but your puffy nips are common in teenage boys that if you wait a few years they might just go away.

Offline unitedkingdom1

• Posting Member
thanks mate yer i did have to do a lot of things to get surgery i went when i was 10 to my gp he explained to me and sent me to a clininc to monotor me this happened for about 5months then i wasnt happy at the time i didnt know that gynecomastia existed so i went back to my gp at 11 years old then back again when i was 12/13 then finally about 6 months ago i went back straight away he refered me to see the surgeon then a month later and had to go to an appointment and now i have to go on thursday the surgery is on friday but come on i dont want to waste my life many people on here say they regret not having surgery in there teenage days i just want to enjoy my teenage life and go and do what my mates do and take my top off in summer

Offline Gaz29

• Posting Member
Well,  i wish you all the best, i wish when i was 14 i had the oppertunity you've got, i was told by an 'old school' doc, to go away and lose weight and not to be so silly, at 29 now my man boobs have depressed me all my adolecent and adult life, no swimming with my two kids or i pick them up going into pool to hide my chest and no top off in summer!!, in June i went to g.p enough was enough i have lost nearly 2 stone whilst i was refered to and endi and got the all clear, i had to be vetted by an nhs panel, after weeks they have now put me on waiting list to see a pyscologist 8 month waiting list, the gyno is really bad now with my weight loss but i NEED to do this, Good Luck mate

Gaz

Offline unitedkingdom1

• Posting Member

Offline kingboob

I hope it all went well, please post an update when you get back online!

Offline unitedkingdom1

• Posting Member
hey everyone today i had my surgery it went really well nhs couldnt have been better just a bit sore cant see my nips yet there still bandaged up have to wait till sunday for the district nurse to come.But im lucky to haave had a reallyy good experience with the nhs they fed me gave me dvds ps2 etc made me feel at home then i got into my gown had cream rubbed on me hand then went to the surgical room where they put a needle thing in my hand and some gas to knock me out then all i remember is getting woken up lol.had something to eat and drink then waited 4 hours till i coould go home.But just want to see the results  i know they wont be the final results because of swelling but you know lol.i will post pics when i see my nipples  ;D

Offline unitedkingdom1

• Posting Member
well seen as im in the childs clinic ye they had games and stuff

hadenuf

Hope all heals well mate. Just ignore him. He dont seem to have anything positive to say at all. If he is so pissed with the NHS he could just start a whinging thread of his own or pay for it privately.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 12:30:53 PM by hadenuf »

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Hope your happy with the results and get more confidence as a result mate, really glad the NHS could help you out, look forward to the pics.

Good luck.
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024