Author Topic: more Fielding post-op questions  (Read 2065 times)

Offline The Twins

• Posting Member
Hello men.  A few post-op questions:

1/ How obvious is the foam padding?  I want to go to work on the following Monday.  I wonder if I can trim the top of it if need be.  Or will one of those sport-chek vests hide it?

2/ How soon after can you shower?  I am ok with bird-bathing it over my bathroom sink I suppose.

3/ What about supplements? eg. Vit C etc.  Are they contra-indicated?  Helpful?

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
1.  The foam isn't very noticeable.  Stay away from T-Shirts or any other tight fitting garments and you'll be fine.  Shirts with pockets on the chest area are particularly great and since it's winter you can always put a sweater or hoodie on.  

2.  The doctor recommends that you leave it on until the first post-op - which happens to be a full week.   :(  I just used a wet towel and cleant myself, but if you have someone who can do it for you it will be even better.

3.  I continued taking my multi-vitamin after the surgery and I still take it to this day.  No side-effects at all.

Offline The Twins

• Posting Member
Thanks bud.  

1/ How soon after the operation can you go home (assuming you have someone to pick you up that day)?

2/ Any idea "how late they're open"? ie. can someone pick me up in the evening say?

Offline The Twins

• Posting Member
1/ From the time of the start of the operation, until you are released is about 5 hours ... at least it was for me.   My op started at 1pm and I was out by 6.

2/ From what I can tell, St. Joe's is "open" til 7pm. If I couldn't have been picked up by then, I would have been "admitted" for the night.

Offline Boobies_Redux

• Posting Member
I just came out of a second lipo with Dr. Fielding since the first operation removed the material and most of the fat, but left about 100mm to a side. The whole process of having an operation, waiting a year, then going in when convenient to proceed with a second round took two years.  I had been living with gyn for 30 years.

Dr. Fielding had indicated that not many people have to go a second round.  I am considered an extreme case, as he removed 400mm to a side in total, and I am not overweight.

I am wearing foam, but anticipate removing it when it becomes uncomfortable after a couple of days as I had done after my first operation.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024