Author Topic: Going to PCP tomorrow, what is the standard blood tests I should ask for??  (Read 2447 times)

Offline gyneco7

• Posting Member
Going to PCP tomorrow to get a diagnosis and referral (there's a good chance my insurance will pay as long as I jump through certain hoops).  I'm not sure what surgeon I'm using yet but are there standard blood or other tests I should go ahead and ask for?  I'm guessing these are the same for most surgeons?

Doctor input would really be appreciated here!!

Thanks

DrBermant

Going to PCP tomorrow to get a diagnosis and referral (there's a good chance my insurance will pay as long as I jump through certain hoops).  I'm not sure what surgeon I'm using yet but are there standard blood or other tests I should go ahead and ask for?  I'm guessing these are the same for most surgeons?

Doctor input would really be appreciated here!!

Thanks

There is no Standard Testing for Gynecomastia. Most gynecomastia patients who have stable gynecomastia that occurred some time in the past normally do not need any specific laboratory testing. A good Endocrinologist will use history taking and clinical exam to determine if and what labs should be ordered. What specific testing is done varies by the suspected Causes of Gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024