Author Topic: Relocation of the aurolea ???  (Read 3279 times)

Offline George

Hi, I have a severe case of gynecomastia( fat and glandular) and planning to get a surgery.
My question is if it´s common the relocation of the aureola and the nipple after the excision and the lipo or if the doctors just lift them.

Thanks a lot fot your answer.

George

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I think it's only in a few extremely severe cases that the areola would be relocated.  Most of the time it's left where it is or resized.  I had severe gyne (I'd say an 8 on a 10-scale), but they didn't have to move mine.  I have read of a few people who had theirs removed and reattached after cutting a lot of sagging skin away, so it can be done.  Maybe one of the surgeons or somebody who's had it done can pick up on this and elaborate on it better.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline George

Thanks a lot for the aswers.

George

DrBermant

Hi, I have a severe case of gynecomastia( fat and glandular) and planning to get a surgery.
My question is if it´s common the relocation of the aureola and the nipple after the excision and the lipo or if the doctors just lift them.

Thanks a lot fot your answer.

George

It depends on the problem to be treated.  For most male breast reduction, areola relocation is not needed.  After massive weight loss, the nipple areola can sag badly resulting in a droopy chest (ptosis).

Dealing with loose or extra chest skin can be a problem. Male chest skin reduction scars can be an issue.  That is why I evolved my Internal Male Mastopexy to limit surface scars.

Here is another patient who had extra skin after losing weight what I also did a Male Mastopexy Short Scar Breast Lift and Reduction.   I removed a great deal of tissue through this small incision.

Such issues are best discussed with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024