Author Topic: Has anyone noticed your areola scar?  (Read 3076 times)

Offline proxie

• Posting Member
I was curious if anyone who's had surgery have had their areola scar noticed from someone?  If so, what did you say to explain it?  Some people have their scars fade to "nothing", like Grampa Bambu on here.  Man, I wish I could heal like that :).  I really think it depends on the lighting for how apparent your scars are.  For like a camera with flash, any little nick in your body is noticeable.  If someone took a pic when you were out in the beach full sunlight at some distance, I don't think it'd be perceived.

Has anyone had permanent discoloration surrounding the scar?  Like hyperpigmentation?  Thanks so much!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Nobody has said anything about my scars...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My doc told me - and I think he's right on about it - that guys really don't look at each other's nipples that much!

Yeah, that's the ticket!  ;)

Well, actually it would be more correct in saying that guys don't look at each other's areolas/nipples that 'close'...

GB

Offline proxie

• Posting Member
I agree, in general no one will zero in on your nipples if you're out on a beach or something, or even maybe a family pool.  But if you get caught in the flash of a camera without your shirt on, then I think it becomes kind of obvious.  A camera flash light can capture all the little itty bitty imperfections of the body.  Scarring really just depends on a person's genetics I think which sucks cause I'm on the worse end.  If a girl is running her hand around my body and comes across the scar on my areolas, well I dunno what I'd say either.  Maybe just be short and quick about it and say, "I had to get some growths removed"??

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024