Author Topic: Where do I go from here? (Updated with pictures)  (Read 4939 times)

Offline Duppler

• Posting Member
Im 4 months post op and saw my surgeon today after some time. As I expected I still had lumps left which hadnt been removed, and my nipples are still puffy looking and I am pretty embarrassed with it and I have been and still are suffering from severe depression and social anxiety because of it. Today my doctor confirmed that there where still lumps there, naturally I wanted a new surgery but he refused to do anything about it since he thought my breasts looks normal enough. He also said that removing all lumps might bring some sort of complication which is a risk they are not willing to take.

I have lived with this burden for so long and I dont think I can bare it anylonger. It is killing me inside.

I would go have it re-done at a private clinic but I simply cannot afford it. I am very confused and dont have any clue about what to do. The operation was free of charge because of the personal shame of the condition, so the state cover those kind of expenses in these cases.

Anyone know what I can do, and where I stand from a legal stand point? Im about to give up everything!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:48:49 PM by Duppler »

Offline Duppler

• Posting Member
He meant that he had to keep something behind the nipple there otherwise the nipple would die out or something like that. Is this even true? Gland is gland and I thought they would remove it all. My breasts are by far better than what they where, but the nipples still have to puffy stand out look, and its just as depressing having it as it is now!

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
I would def try to check with another doc on the situation.  I'm not saying go and get the surgery done by some other doc, as money is always an issue, but get a 2nd point of view, or a 3rd, 4th, etc.

I dunno if you can turn this into any sort of case... just a bad job from the doc.

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
damn bro,

sorry you feel bad about it. I wish you well. hang in there.
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

Offline Duppler

• Posting Member
I would def try to check with another doc on the situation.  I'm not saying go and get the surgery done by some other doc, as money is always an issue, but get a 2nd point of view, or a 3rd, 4th, etc.

I dunno if you can turn this into any sort of case... just a bad job from the doc.

So its just bullshit that he needed to keep some "gland" to not risk having my nipple dying on me? Because I was under the impression that all gland should be removed, and that many surgeons go wrong that way, after what ive read in here!

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
I've never heard that term, though I'm no gyne expert or anything.  Maybe some supporting doc can shed light on that.

Usually, all of the gland should not be removed because you'd be left with a concave-like breast.

Post some pics, it be much easier to comment (if you're comfortable with it).

Offline Duppler

• Posting Member
I thought it was normal that they remove all the gland. I have 1 lump left in each chest, thats what I can feel atleast, but the thing is that the right lump is larger than left lump, so its quite unsymmetric. I mean whats the point in having an operation if they dont remove all the lumps, they grew before, and naturally the ones I have left will also grow, right?

I havent had gyne all my life. But once you get it you cant remove it all because then the breast would look concave-like as you said?

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
Some gland must be kept, the stuff that everyone has.

However some docs can do a poor job and take too much.

It's possible your doc just didn't do the procedure correctly.

Offline Duppler

• Posting Member
As far as I know I only have two glandular lumps left, but the one is abit bigger than the other. That was his claim also that he cannot take it all. Ill go get a second opinion atleast. Here is some pictures, shitty camera but try to make what you can of it. It is better than what it was but you can still see I have female breast tendencies, because of the puffy nipples.

Offline Duppler

• Posting Member
Removed the pictures due to lack of response. Don't feel to comfortable flashing on net so.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024