Author Topic: How Soon After Op Can You Have Sex?  (Read 10559 times)

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
I read something somewhere that you shouldnt have sex in the weeks after your op as it raises your heart beat, which results in more blood in your veins, which will in turn lead to more blood in scars causing long term scars

Is this true? I am 4 days post op, and am just wondering when I can have sex (or even do anything) again?

Thanks

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
I've never heard anything like that.  It sounds a bit urban legendish.

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
I hope it is. I actually read it from notes given to me by my surgeon before surgery. Wanted to ask the doc about it after surgery, but forgot, and have now left so wont get to speak to him again.

Hopefully it is just a myth...... ;)

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
what you mean 'and have now left'? it was a tourist doctor?

No, I flew to a different city to where I live to have the surgery done. Flew in last Monday, had consultation, surgery on Tuesday, one night in hospital, then rest of time in hotel, then home yesterday (Saturday)

Am happy so far with results. Will post pics once swelling and bruising has gone down

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
My surgeon has told me not to do cardio because it increases your blood pressure; which causes more swelling. WHich I guess is comparable with sex

Offline hyperballad

• Posting Member
i would say wait till a month after. the papers say ask your doctor when its ok. basically just ask if its ok to do exercise (pretty much same idea as sexual activity). they should say you're fine to do everything normal again. i may have cheated a little though before the dr said but i'm fine.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
pfft.. I had it 2 days after the surgery.  Just lay down on the bed and let her do all the work  ;D

Offline charlie1821

• Posting Member
pfft.. I had it 2 days after the surgery.  Just lay down on the bed and let her do all the work  ;D

Best advice yet

Offline boobylon

• Posting Member
today was my 8th day, had hot steaming session,no problems at all, just dont put pressure on your chest muscles, or the area where you were stitched, cheers guys

Offline x1weak

• Posting Member

lol sounds good to me  8)

Offline hopefullydone

• Posting Member
HAHAH

when i read this topic in my head i was like "SH%T thats a GREAT QUESTION"

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024