Author Topic: My test results and some input please......  (Read 2066 times)

Offline deftone

• Posting Member
My gp tested me for these:
Prolactin 40.5 NG/ML,
LH 2.5 IU/L,
Testosterone 528 NG/DL,
Estradiol 21 PG/ML,
CREA 0.82 MG/DL,
HCG QUANT <5 MIU/ML
HS TSH 0.740 uIU/ml

My prolactin levels are high.Does my test. seem low?I had my testosterone checked 2 years ago and it was at 750+.Could it drop that much in 2 yrs? My doctor ordered an MRI to rule out if i have a prolactima tumor.I originally got my gyn from propecia a year ago.If i had surgery could it come back?I just want some input on these test results.Sorry for all the questions.Thanks!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The high Prolactin would suppress the Testosterone. Treating the Prolactin excess should allow the Testosterone level to normalize.

According to a chart I found on another site, Your Testosterone level might be normal for a 50 year old but is just over half of what might be expected for a man in his 20s. In honesty I am not really to certain about that charts accuracy, but at least it gives a starting point.

You might ask your G.P for a referral to an Endocrinologist.
Grandpa Dan

Offline deftone

• Posting Member
Thanks for the info guys,but i dont think shes going to give me a referral to an Endo.She keeps stating my Testosterone is within normal ranges.When i first got my test results back,she told me i was fine and everything was normal.I had to bring up the prolactin levels up myself and she said she must of overlooked it.She then agreed it was over the normal ranges.Way to go Doc!

I might have to see an Endo on my own and pay out of pocket.Anyone know of any Endos in Los Angeles CA. How much am i looking at paying?Thanks!

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 your in the low normal  with testosterone, I did  not see  your  esrodial  results.
  I have testostrone of 305 which sucks.
   Endo can  charge  upwards od 300  for a first visit  and  200  after that, my endo charged 450  for the first visit and 235 for the second, my insurance paid for the test lab work

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024