Author Topic: Fat Injection/Grafting  (Read 3771 times)

Offline goingcrazy

• Posting Member
help.. i think i am going crazy..

Had a surgery done in feb. I am pleased with my left chest but seems like the ps over lipo my right chest, creating the appearance of an asymmetry. Anyway, I am not talking about the nipple area but around the top right side of the nipple area. It seems that when i flexed, the part that is over lipo is very irregular and it seems to hit the muscle. Also the skin seems very creased.

So my question is can fat injection/grafting helps to make my chest look more asymmetry? Is this procedure permanent? Also will the fat being injected feels very much different from glands? and lastly will the outcome be natural?

Any doctor on board can help answer my questions? or any guy on board have experience with such surgery?

omg. this gyne is causing me so much pain. i could as well slash my wrist!!

DrBermant

help.. i think i am going crazy..

Had a surgery done in feb. I am pleased with my left chest but seems like the ps over lipo my right chest, creating the appearance of an asymmetry. Anyway, I am not talking about the nipple area but around the top right side of the nipple area. It seems that when i flexed, the part that is over lipo is very irregular and it seems to hit the muscle. Also the skin seems very creased.

So my question is can fat injection/grafting helps to make my chest look more asymmetry? Is this procedure permanent? Also will the fat being injected feels very much different from glands? and lastly will the outcome be natural?

Any doctor on board can help answer my questions? or any guy on board have experience with such surgery?

omg. this gyne is causing me so much pain. i could as well slash my wrist!!

Crater Deformities and Tissues that Stick After Gynecomastia Surgery just do not look good at all.

Each doctor has tools they prefer for body sculpture to get the results they are able to show.

I do not inject fat into the chest for deformities.  Fat injections means that the fat cells do not have a blood supply and must regain a blood supply.  Tissue transfers without  blood supplies are called grafts.

Fat Grafts into fat tend to die, become firm, and scar badly.  Fat cells grafted into more vascular tissue like muscle can look very strange especially on animation.  The major problem with fat grafting is that it does not work very well and typically looks terrible, especially on animation or movement.

That is why I prefer my Fat Flaps for bringing fat into a crater.  A flap is tissue moved with a blood supply.  Adjacent fat transfered with a blood supply tends to survive, much better than a graft.  When carefully done, fat flaps tend to look like normal fat, feel like normal fat, and move like normal fat.  There are limitations to what fat flaps offer since fat still connected to its blood vessels will move only so far.

I do not use Fat Flap Sculpture on every gynecomastia patient.  For most operations it is much more than what is necessary for good contouring.  Fat Flaps for me are just another tool in my artistic pallet that helps me sculpt the male chest during my Dynamic Technique, where I let what I find during surgery help guide what needs to be done for that individual patient.  What elements I pick from this collection can vary from patient to patient, and sometimes even from side to side.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
im 5 weeks post up and im starting to notice that my right nipple seems creased or folded in the middle when i relax my chest..... i still have scar tissue underneath the nipple and also behind it.... do you think that in time it will all even out when the scar tissue heals and my chest finishes fully healing... also this is only in my right nipple my left is still a little bit swollen and has a little bit of liquid in it but no crease or fold like the right one.... n e info would help im kind of upset about this

DrBermant

im 5 weeks post up and im starting to notice that my right nipple seems creased or folded in the middle when i relax my chest..... i still have scar tissue underneath the nipple and also behind it.... do you think that in time it will all even out when the scar tissue heals and my chest finishes fully healing... also this is only in my right nipple my left is still a little bit swollen and has a little bit of liquid in it but no crease or fold like the right one.... n e info would help im kind of upset about this

5 weeks is very early into the healing process.  Putting up Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help others better understand your concerns.

How tissues heal, evolve, and recovery after gynecomastia surgery depends on the problem treated, technique(s) used, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, and other factors.  The results on my website are typical for my sculpture and my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
thanks docotor but im noticing a differnce in t already.... the problem was that i had scar tissue under my nipple and it was still swollen above my nipple and my nipple wasnt swollen so it created the apperance of a crater.... it is getting better as the swelling and scar tissue go down.... i hope this helps n e 1 that was having my same problem..

and also i still have some liquid in my left chest.... how long till my body reobsorbes it?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024