Author Topic: DAMN MAN BOOBS  (Read 4112 times)

Offline rockermocker

• Posting Member
hmm i be 18 dis october n i m 5 7 n weight arnd 154 pounds.i used to be obese a few years bac...n i think i have gyno..aint sure if its pseudo or da real deal..workd out in da gym 4 2 months..muscles have been a bit hard..but da nipples are still puffy wen not wet..i have been thinkin of compression vests..will nike pro vent tight will do?..i cant seem to get any other brands..how long shud i wait 4 surgery..plz help me out guys...thx in advance

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'm unaccustomed to the alphabet soup used to replace real words for instant messaging and/or text messages. As a result, I found your post nearly impossible to read. I will make the attempt though.

You will be 18 in October, Height 5'7", Weight approximately 154 lbs; you were obese a few years ago.

According to a Body mass calculator that I sometimes refer to you are within the normal weight range for your age and height. As a youth is growing, they alternately put on a bit of weight then spurt up in height. If that is what you are referring to, I would not call that obesity.

You think you have Gynecomastia, but you are not sure if it is "Pseudo or True."

If you are unsure, see a Doctor and ask if they think you have it. Then you could go from there as seems appropriate. I do not grant bragging rights based upon "Pseudo vs True." Since the impact is Emotional rather than Physical, and your method of dealing with it is the same, Your either have Gynecomastia or you don't and the difference is of no matter.

You have been working out for two months, Muscles have firmed up and the nipples are puffy except when wet.

We hear from many young men who tell the same story. The nipples seem to be more obvious when perched atop a well defined muscle. This is less evident when wet or cold. The nipple and areola are sensitive to many different stimuli but especially heat and cold. This would be true whether you have Gynecomastia or not. It is not the wetness that causes the reaction but most likely the chill from the water evaporating.

Compression vests.

There is a whole section here just on garments. Check there. Whatever you can find locally should work fine for a start at least. A word of caution though, Don't be tempted to get one a bit on the small side in the hope that it will work better. Compression garments are very snug, If you get one that is too small it will be very uncomfortable and work no better than one of the correct size.

How long should you wait before surgery?

If you are done with the changes associated with puberty, in good health, and the breasts are unchanged for at least a year (preferably two years) then you are ready.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm unaccustomed to the alphabet soup used to replace real words for instant messaging and/or text messages.

;D ;D ;D

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

hmm i be 18 dis october n i m 5 7 n weight arnd 154 pounds.i used to be obese a few years bac...n i think i have gyno..aint sure if its pseudo or da real deal..workd out in da gym 4 2 months..muscles have been a bit hard..but da nipples are still puffy wen not wet..i have been thinkin of compression vests..will nike pro vent tight will do?..i cant seem to get any other brands..how long shud i wait 4 surgery..plz help me out guys...thx in advance

Man Boobs is a public term for enlarged male breasts better known as gynecomastia.

I have found that typical sports compression garments are not nearly effective as these no surgery body shaping garments.  You can see several examples at that link of how such compression can help temporize the problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
. you dont have to put capital letters in or use correct grammar, but atleast make an attemp. its really hard to read....

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
GB and Gyno44,

Thanks guys, I'd hate to think that I was the only one having trouble understanding that post.

rockermocker,

If English is not your native language, please accept my apology and forgive my sarcasm. We'll work around the language problem as best we can.

If English is your native language, You need to work on your communication skills. Though retired, I work part time as an Employment counselor. No Potential Employer with a decent job to offer would even bother to read an application written as was your post here.

Offline rockermocker

• Posting Member
er..sorry to all for making that whole thing tough to decode . thanks and kudos to paw for answerin ma query n figurin out that message ;D..so the doc says the sports vest dont work as good as the other one..the problem is i cant get any other..the rest all are online based..i m based in saudi arabia/india..so any alternatives guys?..it aint like this reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad situation..a bit poky i ges

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You should be able to order a compression garment online and get it through the mail.

The bold underscored line in Dr. Bermants answer is a link. Click on it.

As to alternatives, the news is not good. Live with it, ignore it, or have surgery. Those are the options.

There are a lot of people marketing products which they "Claim" will get rid of or greatly reduce Gynecomastia. None have anything other than a bunch of unverifiable endorsements no objective proof that any of them actually work. That stuff is not even worth the postage. Save your money.

Offline rockermocker

• Posting Member
grandpa..the online thing is not possible..havent been able to convince my folks on the online thing...will nike pro vent do the trick? any idea how long it would last?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024