Author Topic: My first post... 3 days following surgery with pictures!  (Read 3821 times)

Offline jster

• Posting Member
*Check out my updated post-op pics on this thread:  http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16309.0

Hello everyone!  Like so many others on here, I think I tried everything to get rid of my gynecomastia.  I worked out like crazy, tried various "chest coach" programs on the internet, tried the ultimate 'diet aid of questionable value' pills, plus other hoaxes to no avail (Thankfully I got my money refunded in all these trials).   I developed quite a bit of muscle in my chest, but it just pushed the fat and glandular tissue out further and made the condition look even worse.   I already follow a very healthy vegetarian diet, and finally became convinced that there was nothing else I could do to fix the problem.  This website alone convinced me to go ahead with the surgery.   I have a tendency to develop keloid scars and stretch marks so that was the major concern that prevented me from considering the procedure earlier. 
     I am a medical student at Loma Linda University in southern California.  The first plastic surgeon I met (part of the university hospital plastics team) was so incredibly kind and spent a long time talking with me about the procedure.  When I asked him about the price, I was totally shocked when he said that since I was a student, he would perform the surgery free of charge and all I would have to pay for would be the facility and anesthesia fees!  So I only paid $1600 instead of $3,900 it would have normally costed.  I have nothing but good things to say about the surgeon, but I thought I better not share his name so he doesn't start getting solicited for pro bono work.  :)  As far as the turnout of the surgery, I'm on pins and needles waiting to see the outcome.  I had both lipo and excision done so I'm hoping for a significant improvement.  I'm wearing a compression vest with underlying foam in the chest area now. I was instructed to leave the compression vest and drains on for a whole week before having them removed for the first time at my post op appointment.  I'm on day 3 now...  There is really no pain, just soreness.  The worst area is definitely under my arms where the drains come out.  I'm just trying to limit any movements that would rub the area too much.  I've included several before pics as well as two post op pics.  I'll post more pics as soon as I get the vest off on Wednesday!  Ahhhhhhhhh...can't wait. 

P.S.  Thanks everyone for contributing to this forum.  (Especially doctors taking the time to answer questions) 

As you can see in this pic, the left breast is definitely larger and hangs lower than the right side. 

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:27:54 AM by jster »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You look like you were an excellent candidate for surgery.  Hope the results justify your expectations -- but be patient, final results may take anywhere from 3-6 months after surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline jster

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr. Jacobs....yes, this is definitely an exercise in patience. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024