Author Topic: LIposuction only or LIpo+ excision? Please comment  (Read 6872 times)

Offline CAVA

• Posting Member
I just Had my first Consultation yesterday Dec 16 08..I flew all the way to mexico because i dont have the money to pay $6000 right away which is the avg usual price here in the US..and i'll take me around 8 months or so to save up...n quiet frankly i want to get rid of this already..Had it ever since 18..im 25 now..its been way too long.. In mexico I Had two appointments with 2 different Drs.....ONe of the doctors told me hed charge me $3000 all included with the liposuction + excision type surgery..he told  me i was an excellent candidate n that hes sure i'll be real happy with the results..The 2nd doctor i went to..Told me hed charge me 1800 all included..But told me i should only do the Liposuction type.He told me he doesnt do the traditional liposucion procedure..But the procedure "Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction (UAL) "....This types melt away ur fat and just sucks it as it melts..and that id have no scar..just minimal less than the size of a pencil eraser done from armpit area i think..They'd both told its all glandular tissure..I'd question him cuz i told him that i've done my research on gynecomastia and seen the only method that really works is the one with the cut around the areola..He told me with this procedure pain would b minimal, Tightnesss of the skin is a lot greater..and that id have no scar..Wha u guys think i should do?  The 1800 I could save up probably by Feb..I also gotta pay 150 for the compression vest..which would b $1950 all.....He Guaranteed me that..if 100% was as flat as a wall..Hed guaranteed me at least 75%...but most likely ill b better than that..2nd guy is a board certified surgeon with 25 years experience..the 1st Dr. has 10...Please Comments...
P.s.The 2nd Dr. Told me he also had gynecomatia when he was younger and had it removed..So At least he knows what were going trough.. the 1st showed me a pic of a bodybuilder he did it on..some Jap/Black Guy..The after looked preety good..
[/i]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:41:12 AM by CAVA »

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
that difinately needs gland removal.

no doubt

Offline BMB65

• Posting Member
that difinately needs gland removal.

no doubt

agreed ! your a slim guy , lipo aint gonna do crap in the long run

Offline CAVA

• Posting Member
Thanks For both of your comment..Yea..YOu guys are right..The more i think bout it..The more i think bout having it done here..I just Made an appt yesterday with Dr. Baxt In NJ..They'd told me it cost $6000..But i saw a post/after pic of a guy on here..n had no scarrs watsoever..It might b worth the wait.Just Save up..Work Mad doubletime.. i just called my insurance Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NOrth Carolina..And seems theres a chance they might cover it..So well See :-D....consultation on First week of Jan..Cant Wait..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:51:31 AM by CAVA »

Offline JTFiveG

• Posting Member
..But i saw a post/after pic of a guy on here..n had no scarrs watsoever..

I had the surgery with Dr. Baxt on Nov. 11 so you might be referring to me. You will have two small incision scars (one under each breast) that will eventually fade.

I am really please with my surgery.

Check out my surgery Pre and Post Op pics

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16185.0

Offline CAVA

• Posting Member
Yea JTFiveG..Id rather have those two little scars..than to worry bout the one under the aerola..I saw the Before/After on dr's Baxt page and i saw the 2 little scars on the side..on yours i couldnt tell..and thats not too bad..as time passes..i know those scars look way better than the traditional one..and hopefully will fade away..  :D..Thanks for your comment..I know i saw ur pics somewhere but i couldn't find 'em..

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Cava,

It sounds like you've decided against going to Mexico for surgery.  Based on what you say those 2 docs told you, that's probably a good idea.  I used to use ultrasound-assisted liposuction many years ago.  It's pretty much fallen out of favor; I've seen a few patients with really prolonged swelling with it.  And you definitely need more than liposuction alone.  In fact, you appear to have little or no body fat; you probably only need direct gland excision.

You're wise to stay closer to home, IMO. 

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I agree with Dr. Pope.  Based only your your photos, it appears that you are muscular and have minimal fat -- the excess tissue on your chest is probably mostly solid breast tissue, which will not respond at all to UAL.  You should consider a surgeon who includes the possibility of doing an excision as well as any other lipo.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024