Author Topic: Where does the fat go? after Lipo??  (Read 3490 times)

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
so I've even heard this from PS talking on the TV when they do lipo to one are of the body the fat may re- apear some other place on the body,

so in our case of gyne fat where does it go??

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

DrBermant

so I've even heard this from PS talking on the TV when they do lipo to one are of the body the fat may re- apear some other place on the body,

so in our case of gyne fat where does it go??
Fat gained after surgery will expand existing fat cells.  Different parts of the body tend to put weight on preferentially  Male Fat Patterns tend to be around the chest and abdomen.  Male Chest Liposuction removes fat cells.  There are less cells left.  However, remaining fat cells can still add fat.  When all fat is removed between the skin and muscle, the skin adheres to the underlying tissues looking terrible and moving in a very unnatural fashion.  If excessive fat removal results in a Crater Deformity, extra fat will go into the crater walls deepening the defect.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline phxguy123

• Posting Member
I had lipo on my entire upper torso three months ago.  I have gained about 15lbs, and the fat DOES come back if you lose weight.  I was under the impression that it wouldn't come back much in the area because there are less fat cells, but my first hand experience negates that theory.

Offline phxguy123

• Posting Member
*** I meant GAIN weight ***

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
Thanks for the feed back Dr. Bermant....

and thanks phyxguy......Anyone elese have a personal experience of the fat coming back....or coming back in a different area.....I wonder where it may go if have lipo of both the chest and abdomen??

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I've gained weight after both fat and gland removal. However I continue to go shirtless at the pool and wear thin t-shirts every day.

I've gained back some fat in my chest with an increase in weight, but absolutely no re-growth of glandular tissue. I look okay, but know from experience that when I lose weight, the fat in my chest will go away.

As long as that damn glandular tissue doesn't come back.....I'm a happy man.

Offline phxguy123

• Posting Member
I gained weight back in the area that was lipoed, but not as quickly as elsewhere like my butt/thights/face.

DrBermant

Thanks for the feed back Dr. Bermant....

You are quite welcome.

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024