Author Topic: Day 4 post op  (Read 1985 times)

Offline nikolas

• Posting Member
am feeling better today. Went to see dr.

1) Drains are out...yeah!!! I feel much better without them. I can now see myself returning to my normal activities and work. It was instant, they were out and I felt much more comfortable, could move more etc By the way...it hurt like hell when they took those drains out!! Well worth it though...

2) vest issues - my vest feels tight on top but kinda lose towards bottom. Am a short athletic/slim person so not even the vest tightens up well towards the bottom. Dr suggested using a sports band around the vest or washing the vest to shrink it. Either way he said was not such a big deal. I'll try washing it just bc I want to make sure bottom part if chest is tight enough.

3) my right chest looks great. Left...still iffy. Dr said it was normal. Nipple area seems indented because there is alot of swelling/bruising around it. I must say both sides look better than on sat when I first saw it.  Dr said not to worry about it for now and give it time.

4) dr gave me bromelain and arnica for healing bruising and swelling.

5) no pain yet...a little itching. Dr said itching will get worse. Can take benadryl if needed.

6) no exercise :( only walking

I feel better. My left chest still kinda worries me but I'll give it time and see... Can't wait till this upcoming 3 weeks are done. Next appt with dr is 2/9/09...

Offline sws

• Posting Member
Hey man congrats.  You're on the flip side now...be proud of yourself for getting the procedure done.  The hard part is behind you.

I'm 5 weeks postop and I can tell you that it was the same with me.  Right breast looked great, left a bit swollen but it all comes out in the wash.  I'm also in good shape and my vest was kinda loose towards the bottom too.  It doesn't matter though as long as its snug up top.  I also bought some tight spandex style shirts from Underworks. They are great when the vest is in the wash or to wear under the vest for added tightness.  Can also use Under Armor shirts but same deal only more expensive.

Just remember to give yourself time to heal.  I went out and helped a friend move after week one and i was in pain.  I think I overdid it.  So needless to say, sit tight and play vids or something.  You'll know when u are good to go.

Good luck with the healing process.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024