Author Topic: hematoma  (Read 4365 times)

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
so im havign a bunch of bleeding in my chest now.. had 300 cc taken out the other day.. this has absolutly killed me. my confidence has dropped again (like pre-op) and i am thinking i will have to have another surgery? my left side is hard and definitely bigger, while my right side looks better but there is definitely fluid in there. i have an appointment on wednesday with my doc.

im worried that i will:

a) need another surgery
b) not recover properly (or take WAY longer to recover)

im not against surgery but if its going to take forever to get back in, its going to suck.. if i get surgery again, im not looking forward to having drains in again, if thats what they do.

how much longer would it be if i didnt have surgery to recover? what happens to the blood?

thanks..

Offline bigtrainer

• Posting Member
Man, I am going through the same problem. My Ps has asked me to come back in four days, then he will use a syringe to take it out. Let me know how it worked out for you mate. I am very worried as well ???

• Bronze Member
hey, i had another appointment today. for the past 2 weeks (maybe 3?), i would go to the dr every monday, wednesday, and friday.. he would drain them every day. today there wasnt much and he said to come in on tuesday. he also said he probably/hopefully wont have to drain me again. he was saying my skin should be better (tighter) in a few months (which i am really excited for - summer time! lets hope! :)

Offline bigtrainer

• Posting Member
Did you have blood sipping out from your nipple? After 5 days now my left side is swollen from blood (the hematoma) and in the beginning it felt hard, now its a bit softer and blood sipping thru my nipple.... i am so WORRIED. Ps said we have to wait untill the bloodclot disolves so he can take it with a syringe! How did your PS do yours? I would be really thankfull for your answers

• Bronze Member
my doc did it with a syringe and i didnt have to wait for anything to dissolve. i also didnt have any blood leaking. get that checked out and let me know!

Offline bigtrainer

• Posting Member
Went to my Ps yesterday and he used a big syringe and drained like 120 ml of disgusting black reddish blood. It felt SO much better immediately and the swelling has gone down. He did warn me though that it might swell up again with seroma and that i probably would have to drain it again. But it feels much better and seems to be healing... I HOPE. I am wearing my vest everyday 24 with extra added towel to increase the pressure on my left side (the hematoma). My right side is looking perfect though :)

Update me on your bro

• Bronze Member
thats good! well... expect to have to go back and get it drained over and over and over again... i had mine drained for like 3 weeks every monday, wednesday, and friday. this week i had it drained tuesday and i go back on saturday so im getting close to not having i drain anymore! but yea, it does feel soooo good right after they drain it

since january 18th, ive had 47 needles.... haha so i hope you dont mind needles.

my dr said its probably going to be a few months till the skin shrinks up again.. which kinda sucks but its not like it looks overly bad right now.. i just hope its pretty good by swimming season!

Offline bigtrainer

• Posting Member
My God, 47 times!!! And I REALLY hate needles as well. Its starting to feel like I have made a mistake to have the surgery...but then I look at my right side and it looks sooo good. I dont think my left will be looking as good as the right if I have to pump it 47 times with a big ass syringe which is meant to be used on horses, hahaha.

Anyways, the swelling has stayed down since last draining but its obvious that there is still more old blood in there. I have an appointment next monday for more draining. My skin on the left side is a bit loose which makes me look like I am 65 years old hahaha.
I am REALLY hoping to see positive result after next monday. And I BADLY wanna start training again, hate beein not able to play football or run.

Sorry if I am a bit pessimistic, guess this bloody (literally) hematoma is wearing me off :(

Offline badcase

• Posting Member
Hope things are getting better for you bigtrainer. I have been watching the boards awhile and hadn't read anything about draining excess blood and fluid with a syringe (ouch). Maybe others who have had this happen to them can add to this post, or a doctor. Is this rare or pretty common. I need to know because I would have to travel a long distance to the closest town after I have surgery. Good Luck

Offline badcase

• Posting Member
 Good luck to you also confused-satisfaction!!

Offline bigtrainer

• Posting Member
I have had my third visit at my PS and this time he managed to drain 40ml (120ml last time), and this time the fluids were much thinner and it came out very easily. It feels even better this time and i would think that I might only need one more drainage. The swelling has gone down and the discoloration and brusies are disappearing rapidly, I have used a cream by the name of Hirudoid and I believe it has had a big impact on the healing of the hematoma. Aside from the small remaining of the hematoma and a few hard lumps I feel fine. My right side is healing beautifully and I can only hope the left side will heal as good.  :)

I hope that I am not beeing to hopefull now, it would break me if things would take a turn for the worse.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024