Author Topic: Ughh..  (Read 2061 times)

Offline nzwelly

• Posting Member
yo, im 5 weeks post opp. and i was just wondering if any1 else feels really fat and like lazy.
i haven't worked out since surgery. n i feel like im loosing muscle fast as well. especially n my arms.

all i do is walk lol, walk a fair bit. cant play rugby or anythn at skol, cant lift heavy stuff. and its gonna be like this for 2 more weeks. i just feel so out of shape and unfit.

does any1 have any tips for exercising ect? but stuff that's not to vigorous or bad?

Offline demfranchizeboy

• Posting Member
same like me, before my surgery I was in a good shape, had a strict work out plan and nutrition plan. but after the surgery I felt the same. my muscels began to get smaller and im gained some fat, but after the 5 weeks i gone back to the gym and I was soon in the shape like before the surgery (because of the memory effect) :)

Just eat enough proteins and also you could supplement some amino acids or glutamin, it helps to avoid muscel loss.

Sorry for the not perfect englisch, Im german ^^

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
Hi dem, just wanna ask, u said u back to d gym 5 weeks post op, did u feel something interrupt ur healing? like more swelling and scar tissue? and when did u stop wearing ur vest? im now 4 weeks post op and i stop wearing vest, just wondering if im in good state atm. ty

Offline demfranchizeboy

• Posting Member
I was wearing the vest 5 weeks post op day and night, after the 5 weeks I was wearing it only when I was sleeping for 2 or 3 weeks I think. When I first go to gym after my 5 weeks deprivation i had some pain in my chest especially when I did bench press or other chest exercises. But I dont know if this interrupted the healing. like I said in my thread i have hard tissue under my nipps which appeared some days after the surgery, but it doesnt get bigger when I lift weights

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
Dem, ur in what month post op at the moment? hows ur scar tissue now?

Offline demfranchizeboy

• Posting Member
nearly 6 months post op, maybe its a little bit better, but I really dont know, hope it´ll go away alone

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I feel like a lazy fat sack of shit, and it's only been 3 days post-op.

In about a week or two, I plan to do a lot of walking, then at 6 weeks I'm going to get back into the weights - starting with legs, and abs, then shoulders and arms.

Then, for a solid year I'm going to be hitting the gym hard 3 or 4 times a week!
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
I went to then gyn 4 weeks post op about 4 times... shouldnt have.. im 3 1/2 months post op now and have still only been that 4 times in total! lol

muscles are definatly going down compared to how they used to be, but the main part is my stomach.. you can no longer see the abs, where once they were all around, .. lol

cant do much, im going to wait another 3 weeks before I go back to the gym as my left nipple is swollen still. since I layed off massaging and gyming the hard mass is no longer like a rock and about 50% of its size now.

So yer, thats why i havent gone back.. but trust me, id rather than feel 'fat' for another few weeks and be healed up then feel 'lean' and my chest looking funny.

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
I definitely feel lazy after surgery. It's been sooo long since my surgery and I just want to be working out again but the motivation isn't there -- until now! haha I pretty much told myself that I am going to go back to my old ways of eating right and working out.

It's pretty rediculous when I think about it.. when I work out and eat well, it makes me feel sooo much better about myself. That should be my motivation right there.

So today I am going to get back to things and turn things around!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024