Author Topic: Gynecomastia after surgery  (Read 2663 times)

Offline denz

My question is,
I just got my surgery done a month ago, removed gland and fatcells, does gynecomastia will get back???
In my case, i used to take steroids like testosterone etc, and  I ended up getting G.
If i start taking steroids again, would I get again?

thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gynecomastia surgery removes the excess tissues (fat and gland) and re-contours the chest.  However, it does not remove all the breast tissue -- once you understand the anatomy you would understand this. 

If you were to begin anabolic steroids again after this surgery, all bets are off and you may re-grow breast tissue.  There are some sites that advocate estrogen inhibitors together with anabolic steroids to try to prevent this problem. 

Please understand the hormonal system is a wonderfully intricate and delicately balanced system.  It is difficult enough for endocrinologists to manage hormones in a patient.  I would certainly not advocate your playing with your own hormones -- flying blind -- without even a doctor to oversee the situation -- you would be asking for trouble.

In essence, don't go back to steroids after you have gone through the trouble of having gyne surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline denz

Thank you very much for your info!

Offline KAG

• Posting Member
Mine grew bigger years later.......started with pains in my chest...short time later my moobs got bigger then pain stopped.

Offline denz

Did you start a cycle?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024