Author Topic: Question about swelling.  (Read 2428 times)

Offline winston001

• Posting Member
Hi guys.

I had surgery about 13 days ago for what my surgion said was mild Gynecomastia, so my nipples looked puffy. My nipples now look flat but my chest still seems quite swollen.
Is it still early days even for an operation on mild gynecomastia, I'm just wondering how long it takes for the swelling to completely go away and the chest area to flatten out.

Thanks for any help.

DrBermant

Hi guys.

I had surgery about 13 days ago for what my surgion said was mild Gynecomastia, so my nipples looked puffy. My nipples now look flat but my chest still seems quite swollen.
Is it still early days even for an operation on mild gynecomastia, I'm just wondering how long it takes for the swelling to completely go away and the chest area to flatten out.

Thanks for any help.

With some patients unhappy with what was done by other doctors, I have seen swelling take many months to resolve.

Swelling After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, surgical techniques, skill of the surgeon, After Surgery Compression Garments, after surgery care, complications, and many other factors. Such swelling can mask residual deformity burying remaining deforming gland in the swollen tissues. The swelling you see on my pages is typical for my patients. I prefer techniques that start out with less initial swelling. More swelling can mean more damage, less control after surgery, new damage after surgery and other possibilities. Such additional factors make the answer to such questions best answered by your own doctor who is more familiar with the problem and what was done. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024