Author Topic: is 5-6 weeks is enough for healing?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline alex99

Hello everyone,

i just booked my surgery day ( may 27th) and im really worried about how long it takes to heal
my wedding is on the 10th of July and i really dont want my fiancée to notice that i had a surgery.

so, please tell me about your experience, is 5-6 weeks enough to heal? and no one can notice that i had the surgery??

thanks in advance. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 10:35:08 PM by alex99 »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
At 5-6 weeks post op, you are still very much in the active healing process.  The average case takes 3-6 months for full healing.  Remember, no one can predict how quickly any patient will heal from surgery -- even with the best docs available (and I mean ALL of them).

In my humble opinion, it would be better to be up front with your bride-to-be.......if she truly loves you, she will understand and provide empathy and help.  Keeping it from her might affect your performance, she will be puzzled and it might put a strain on your relationship.  After all, in a marriage, one should be completely open with one's spouse.  Why start off a marriage by hiding something??

I am not a shrink -- that's just plain common sense.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline alex99

Thanks dr. Jacobs
i talked to her about it and she showed her full support :o

thanks again

Offline locksem

• Posting Member
I think Doctor Jacobs hit the nail on the head.

From my own experience, it definitely was still noticeable (that i had had surgery) that long after. I was very secretive about my procedure, and whilst i was able to get about and do things, i was still in some pain and there was still significant swelling, so i tried to avoid certain situations so as few people knew as possible! I was only 19 years old, so you can imagine how certain groups of people of a similar age would have loved to gossip. Hopefully that wont be the case for you! 

The best of luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024