Author Topic: 9 months post op, discussion with Dr.  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Dutch182

Hi!

Today I went back to my surgeon and we had a 'discussion' about fat tissue and breast tissue.

Introduction:
As most us here, I started developing gynecomastia(unilateral) during puberty and never get rid of it. During puberty I went to the hospital and it turned out my gyno was due to hormonal changes. They even did some sort of a scan(To make sure it was nothing else) and it turned out it was just breast tissue. I've always been skinny and the gyno was obvious there.

Begin this year at the age of 24, I took the decision to get it removed. I'm not as skinny as I was during puberty, a bit more muscular and a bit more fat. But still slim. Did everything by the book, visited several Dr's, asked for photo's, asked detailed information about the surgery... and thought I took the right doctor.

Operation

Immediately after surgery I still felt a fair amount of hard tissue beneath and around my areola. Even the compression didn't feel good because it just pressed the hard lump.

After 4 months and no improvement, my doctor told me the end result could take 6 months or longer, so advised me to make another appointment later this year.

Visit today and discussion
After 9 months I went back. My right breast is still visible through my shirts and is far from symmetrical. The gyno is clearly there. Beneath and around my areola there's a hard lump.

Today my Dr. told me it's not breast tissue, but fat tissue what he left behind. We agreed not to do liposuction because there was no fat. But now all of a sudden the hard lump is fat tissue.

I told him I didn't understand, it's hard tissue and if it was fat, why didn't we agree to do liposuction? I didn't believe it.

His reaction was that he was the expert, he just removed the breast tissue as we agreed to, and what was left is just fat tissue. Removing that would probably make the result worse. He ended with 'You should go on with your life' and walked away, leaving me with his assistant. Of course I did fill in a complaint form...

Opinion
So what do you guys think? Is it really fat tissue? Or did he fail to remove the right amount of breast tissue?

PS. Sorry for grammatical errors, English is not my main language.

socovish

Hard tissue?  Are you sure it's not scar tissue as a result of the surgery?  Definitely get a 2nd and 3rd opinion and determine if it is scar tissue, and then cut it out or see what the general surgeon sentiment is.  Massage or excision of scar tissue is the norm after about 10 mos.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024