Author Topic: Question for ya  (Read 1957 times)

Offline N2BB

Does anyone know if the surgery is covered in Ontario? Im in ottawa!
thanx

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
hey man.
i'm from vancouver, BC.. you should go check out the 'canada' forum, its filled with useful information about covereage.

and yes, you are in luck.. gyne surgery is partially covered by OHIP!

i say partially because OHIP (and MSP in BC in fact) only cover the cost required for Glandular Excision.. usually a complete gyne surgery involves the excission of the gland that is lying under the nipple and liposuction to give a better countour and eliminate the possibilites of craters being formed by the residue of the gyne that was present at one point of time (caused by fat deposits around the gland).

MSP/OHIP see gland removal as a medical procedure - and it is covered under the insurance. nevertheless, they don't see lipo as something that is medically "necessary" - hence they don't pay for that part. but depending on your condition, i heard with dr.fielding it could cost (for lipo, since excision is already covered) anywhere from $800-$1600 - note, i have read a lot of posts where they mention that dr.fielding does give student discounts.. so if you are a student, heh. well you're in luck :)

hope this helped.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 06:44:17 PM by c3ntralp3rk »

Offline N2BB

that it did.. thank you very much! I am inbetween ottawa and kingston so I hope to find someone mor local

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
There's a few in Ottawa that do this procedure,look into Dr. Silverman, Dr. Van Wyck, and Dr. Labow (my GP booked me a consult with him).  I have a consult with Silverman later in August and the same with Fielding, and in september with Labow.  Fielding seems to be one of the bests form wha everyone says and he is partially covered by OHIP.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024