Author Topic: Exercise after 4 weeks post OP  (Read 2199 times)

Offline kokabura

• Posting Member
hello everyone.I am 4 weeks post OP.Can anyone recommend me what are the exercises i can do at home, and what are the exercises to avoid? I have 25 pounds dumbells. and is it good to wear the compression garment during exercise?

I did some research to find out few exercises that helps to make the chest's loose skin firm.

1. Inclined Push ups
2. Inclined Bench press
 and other exercises for the Upper chest

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
what happened when you did push ups and stuff after 4 weeks.
was it all right or too early?
did it effect results?

Offline kokabura

• Posting Member
I didnot started exercise except morning walk.I think it is too early to work out that area.maintaining proper diet to avoid gaining weight helps.besides my doctor has advised me to massage the chest area with aloe vera gel in a circular way. this has reduced numbness and swelling is reduced.I am healing well.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
I would clear the exercise with your doctor first, kokabura, just to make sure.

If I were you I'd start out very slowly from what you are used to working out with. When I started back to exercising, I only did abut 70% of what I could normally do, especially since I wasn't allowed to do any hard exercises for 4 weeks.

You have slowly build back up to where you were before surgery, which should take a few weeks. Even though I'm at 2-months post-op, I'm still only doing my easier workouts. I was doing P90X before, now I'm only doing P90 Power Half-Hour (which is like the beginner's workout).

I do push-ups - wide, regular, and narrow, and I do the fly machine, but only about 30-40 pounds and do just 15-reps. 

April24th2007, I didn't do pushups until about week 6 or so and the only thing I can report is that  my chest felt tight. I also didn't have full range of motion on my arms without feeling some tautness but that could've been from not exercising for 4-5 weeks during recovery. Make sure you clear any exercise from your doctor and then proceed slowly and let your body get used to it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024