Author Topic: Day 1 post op my story  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Gillgill02

I just had the surgery here in Winnipeg, mb by dr ziessman, luckily it was covered by mb health insurance. Im writing this on my iPhone so I'm sorry if its hard to read :(.  Before I knew thE surgery was covered by insurance I was ready to pay it all out my own pocket so I guess I lucked out. I've had gyno my whole life. My earliest memory was when I was enrOlled in swimming classes at the age of 8 and one of the other kids said I ha d boobies, at the time I laughed it off because I didn't care. I was always a chubby kid and assumed it was because of my extra pudge. However whEn I was 13 I took a 2 month trip to Indiastory's here I lost 20 pounds and came back a new me. All the Other kids were shocked tO see how much weight I lost. Too bad my moons had stayed the same. Upon entering high school is when it really took a toll on my mental health I didn't care about videogames as much as I used to, girls were my new interest but my confidence was so low because of my moobs I assumed girls would have no interest in me. Th crazy thing is that whenever a girl would ago interest I would push her away thinking I was undeserving. I went most of my highs cool years wearing hoodies and thick sweaters like lots of people here on the forums and absolutely dreaded summer. I'm now 21 and have a girlfriend who loves me very much but thInks there is nothing wrong with me. Too bad I can't love myself like she loves me.  Anyway I'm at day one post op and it feels like someone whacked me in the chest with a 2x4. I'm taking t3 to numb the pain which helps. On the day of operation I had nothing to eat and was so scared when I was laying on the table being sedated but within the blink of an eye I was out. Cold. I woke up 2.5 hours later with my compression best on and a small cut on my bottom lip, I guess my front teeth were digging into lip when I was being operated on. I don't have any drains ( which I'm thankful for).  My chest was under so much pain when I woke up I had 2 painkillers which was a terrible mistake I should have only had one and "manned" through it. Because I was nauseous after I threw up when I got home. It's a good thing I hadn't eaten that day because it was just a watery liquid that came out. Had some shitty noodles and a sprite then spent the rest of the night sleeping/laying. I finally had a real meal this morning with oatmeal and tuna but my appetite has kind of gone to shit. I've been told to go for light walls for the next few days which I'll start tommorow because I still feel too weak. I'll be updating th daily (don't worry I'll use my pc next time, it'll be easier to ready) and thanks to anyone who reads th giant jumbled paragraph of shit. :) ps I haven't seen thE results yet but I'm confident  when I do they will look great I had lipo+excision

Offline Sarge51

• Posting Member
Bravo on taking the first step to be much more comfortable in your own skin. A lot of people may think it's not too big of a deal, but to us it's an incredible burden to live with.

The first few days will be rough, just keep in mind that you will deal with them in exchange for a new chance at life! You made the right choice at a young age, I decided to make the move at 31.

Enjoy the first day of your new life, I hope that you have a fast and painless recovery!

Keep a cool head throughout your healing process. Be realistic especially these first few days. You will peak at max swelling on day 3 which is usually your day to shower up. Power through it and know that those are NOT your final results.

Keep us posted on your progress!
Sarge~

Offline Gillgill02

thanks sarge

Day 2 Post op

The pain has has gone down considerably, but the swelling has increased as expected. The right side is more swollen but couldve have been reduced a bit if i had iced more after surgery (oh well). Spent most of my day playing Dead Space 2 on xbox and will go for a light half hour walk on my treadmill. My appetite is on fire, probably because I didnt eat on the day of surgery, I find myself constantly hungry and I am no longer taking t3's because i feel that I don't need them anymore.

Offline Sarge51

• Posting Member
Sounds like you're on your way to a great recovery, knock on wood!

I dealt with the same situation, my left has swelled very much and my right side looks to be recovering very well with very little swelling (not much has changed and I'm a little under 4 weeks post op).
I iced off and on for the first 24 hours and still dealt with the one-sided swelling. So don't feel too bad about it.

I'm glad you did away with the pills so quickly. Feeling out of it or groggy is never a nice feeling. Especially since they recommend you go out for walks or jump on the treadmill for short walking sessions.

My suggestion to you right now is to just keep yourself busy and remember that you are fresh out of surgery. The worst part was waking up and practically forgetting about it and trying to reach for things. Try your best not to do that, lol.

I'm not sure if you're feeling any discomfort with the vest, but it usually starts to kick in at around day 2-3. I had mine digging into my flesh from the arm area. Invest in a $10-15.00 compression shirt (maybe grab a few just so you don't have to keep washing it daily) since that fabric will help the vest glide instead of digging into your skin. Please note: have your doctor's permission before you raise your arms up over your head to put the compression shirt on!

Good luck on your road to recovery.
Take it one day at a time like majority of us are doing!

Sarge~

Offline stoptit

• Posting Member
hey awesome I just had my surgery done on Monday.
Forgot if it was Turner or Zeitsman.
But I was amazed I got approved for 100% covereage. As they said there is a certain age they stop coverage.
As I am now 32.

I had mine do at Maples Surgical on Jeffereson.
Good people, the nurse was very nice also.

But like you, I had this mmy whole life as well. And it affected alot of the things I wanted to do.
I have never been to the beach without a shirt. Swimming with friends.
And summer was also bad, wearing long sweaters..and usually taping my nipples down.

I havent taken any of the t3's yet as I dont feel any crazy pains. Just soreness and tightness of the chest. Like an instense workout.

This was my day 4 and I finally showered. Took of the vest and saw how bruised up I looked. Still got the bandage on my nipple.

Offline Gillgill02

Congrats, I'm about 10 days in now and my left side feels greats but the right is still really swollen. Everyone says patience is virtue for this sort of thing so I'm still waiting for my right side to heal up (big and swollen). It does get noticeably better every couple of days. I've heard one month is the magic point but I suppose it's different for everyone. All and all it's worth the effort to get it done. Good luck on your journey brother

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024