Author Topic: questions  (Read 2393 times)

Offline b-dizzle

I have many questions

How long does it take to recover from the surgery, I can't take a lot of time of from work.

Are there some serious risks to the surgery?

Is there anyone not satisfied with the surgury, like it came back or you got fucked up?

Are there any alternatives to surgery?

How long after you talk to a doctor does it take to have the surgery done?  

Someone said it is cheaper to pay the money upfront, is this always true?

Anyone know any doctors in chicago, south side preferably?

Offline b-dizzle

does anyone know the answers, can anyone help?

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
b-dizzle let me be of some help to you. Recovery from the surgery depends on the person. It may be 5 days to as long as 2 weeks before your up and active again. Also 3-6 weeks before you do any strenious work-outs or excercise. Finalized healing can take as long as a year as-well. But, you will se results right away and they will continue from there. Serious risks to the surgery are there but, are rare. Some can be larger scars, bruising, loss sensation of nipples. And in the extremist of cases butchery but, you would have to find the worst of Plastic Surgeons or someone who doesn't know what they are doing for that to happen. But, surgery is usually 99% effective and is a great solution. You should see an endrocologist before you get the surgery to make sure your hormones/blood-levels are normal. This is to prevent any chances of regrowth. Although rare this does happen. Some people also don't get enough taken out the first time or too much. Then you usually can go back to your surgeon within a year and get a free touch up or revision. Alternitives to surgery depend on the case but, not too many and no others are really successful. Unless you have hormonal problems or are overweight and have had this for more than a 3 years. Then surgery is your only real successful option. After you set up a consultation with your doctor depending on the surgeon there can be a 2 week to 2 month wait to see them. Then after you see them another 2 weeks to 2 months before they have a surgery date available. So it can take anywhere from 1-3 months after. Usually it is about 1-2 months though. the 3 month wait is for a real busy surgeon. If you pay up-front for surgery you can sometimes negotiate with the surgeon and get a certain percentage off anywhere from 10-40%. But, usually it is easier working with your insurance company to get the discount which also adds on 2 the waiting time. But, by going through them you can get a surgery that usually averages around $5000 for about $2500-3000. They usually get 40-50% off. I am in Wisconsin and am not too far away from the south side of Chicago. But, I am seeing a doctor Lowenstein for mine within the next 3 months. He is here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin which is about anywhere from 60-90 miles from you not too bad. But, he is an expert and great in breast reduction surgeries that is practically all he does. He has pictures on his website although all are of womens breasts. He does perform gyne cases and are also a specialty of his. He is good at those and implants and facial surgeries. He has been a PS for 25 years and a general surgeon for 10 years before that and is very talented. Check the U.S. surgeon locations for one in Chicago though. I haven't had my surgery yet but, think he will do well and he seemed to be very sure and very positive about his Ultrasonic Lipo techniques for my surgery and is very confident and a nice guy. A little quiet though. He does have a long wait though because he is a very talented surgeon and is one of the best PSs in the Milwaukee area. Most women report on the very nicely contoured natural breasts when he gives them implants or changes the size. I looked at the pictures and it looks like he does a damn good job. That is pretty much all he does breast reduction surgery. Think about it gynecomastia is like womens breasts and he is reducing or riding them. So if he is good on womens breasts he is definetely good on mans breasts. When I saw him and he looked at my chest contour he found the problem right away felt my chest and told me what needed to be done to achieve the natural slightly rounded male chest look and to get rid of my painful glands. I know if he does what he showed me in his office things will come out great. He told me I would have very little scarring and things would turn out very nicely and very natural looking. And by the pictures I have seen I am impressed. Although I need to see some more gyne photos next time I see him. He showed me one case but, was really busy and in a hurry. So I have to see a few more but, still got to say his techniques are good and he does the job well-done. He said he will get everything out. I Know for a fact since he is so busy and is very good at breast reductions that there is a 99% chance my case will come out as I am looking for it to come out. He wasn't like other surgeons were you have to help him figure out your problem. He told me to take my shirt off and the second he did he examined my entire chest region for about 30 seconds walked up to me and squeezed the exact problem areas and said the skin would be tight and I would have a more masculine contour when surgery was done. I guess the wait was worth it but, I know he isn't the best but, his work looks dang good and since mine is medical and insurance will cover it with him I am lucky to be in a skilled in the area surgeons hands. Good luck to you with everyone and hopefully all turns out as expected for you.

Offline b-dizzle

how do you get insurance to cover?

also thanks nothingworse for all the help

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024