Author Topic: 6 Months after surgery...  (Read 2903 times)

Offline megatron58

• Posting Member
Everything went as plan, even better than excepted for the first month or so. Surgery was done by one of the best surgeons around my area and honestly he did a fantastic job in my opinion. There is virtually no scaring and my chest was super flat, almost perfect just one month after surgery. So, I do not blame this on his work, it's probably my fault for not doing more research before getting it done.

I'm 26 but had this problem since I was 20. 6 years of my life are basically wasted because I was too embarrassed to do anything with my condition. Didn't go outside ever, wore sweat shirts, in the summer, avoided hanging out with friends etc...

Anyway the point is, everything was AWESOME after the surgery and I really felt like I could change. Now, and since about 1 1/2 months after surgery, the bulk has grown back. There doesn't feel like anything hard under the nipple at all but the general largeness is basically 95% of what it was before surgery. I am about 200pds and un-fit at the moment which could be part of the problem therefore I am trying to lose weight.

I went back to the doctor and he said that it was very unusual since I didn't lose or gain any weight since the surgery. He said it might be related to hormones and stuff of the such. He referred me one of the best endocrinologists' in my city but apparently the wait times can be YEARS(!?!). Either way, what would they be able to do for me?

I am banking on the fact that there is no hardness under the nipples like there was before surgery, as my surgeon noticed as well upon reviewing. Anyway for now, I'm back to my old ways of being a hermit and wasting life away. I just want the chest I had less than a month after surgery back.

Let me know what you think..

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
that's scary man. Do you have to see a endocrinologist to get your hormones checked? My regular doc told me he could do a blood test to check that for me. Im gonna make an appointment next week.

That's a trip it would come back so fast after surgery. It came back after only  a month and a half? My doc told me it would take a while for the hormone imbalance to make it come back. Seems like it could be swelling, but you did talk to your doc.

It just seems weird that estrogen levels could make it grow back in two and a half months. Keep us informed.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:54:20 PM by jay adams »

Offline megatron58

• Posting Member
I can post pics of before and after pics if necessary also.

I have no idea how it grew back to the same bulk but it worries me that it may never go away unless I hit maybe 145 pounds or so(extremely skinny). I don't want to do this but it seems to be my only option. I don't know if there's anything my regular doctor could do other than refer me to an endocrinologist?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
My regular doctor also told me that he could give me a pill to level out the estrogen levels in my body if they're off. He said I'd have to take it every 3/6 months.

He also said if you take it near the onset of gyne it can help to reduce it (if you act quickly). He also had the surgery we had so he has a special interest in it.

Could you post a before shot, a 2/3 week after shot and a recent one?

Offline megatron58

• Posting Member
I sadly don't think I have any from weeks after as I had to wear the vest 24/7 for at least a month. I have some from before and some from now would be the same. Will post to compare later.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
That'll work. Would've been interesting to see the progression as it redeveloped. Post em when you can. Thanks.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Hope you're alright, man. Don't let yourself feel too down. The biggest successes come after a lot of adversity.

We'll get it worked out. Let us know what's happening. This board might be the closest support for you while you're working this out.

keep in touch.

Offline megatron58

• Posting Member
Sorry I haven't posted any pics yet, I will today or tomorrow.

Offline megatron58

• Posting Member
The site says the upload folder is full and won't let me post any pics. Any idea how to get around that?

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
how are you getting on man? Would be interested to see how you've progressed. Hope you're ok.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024