Author Topic: areola reduction  (Read 8853 times)

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
  • Daddy has nubbies just like mommy!
I had areola reduction done as part of my surgery, so far i am glad i did. Has anyone else had this done? and how are you recovering, is the scar noticable?
Suffered For 20 years, 36 years old
Had 1st Surgery October 2005
Had Revision August 18, 2006
Looking Good So Far

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
My areola were about 1 1/4" dia. my PS said it was borderline as far as being large of coure i didnt feel that way. He needed to do the excision anyway but that wouldnt have been a full circle incision. This was a gamble and was probably the hardest decision for me, i was scared that i wouldnt look natural or that there would be reatachment issues or loss of sensitivity. Well it is now done, and everything looks really good, i am now about 13/16" dia. and i have sensitivity to cold. It looks like the insicion was done really well and the stiching with the Steristrips (tape ) has held everything flat around the edges. It is to early to know about scaring but from what i can tell things are good and i dont think scaring will be an issue. I am sure that i wouldnt have been happy if all i did was the lipo and excision. I know that Dr. Bermant says the areola reduces without removing the donut of skin, but for me i dont think it would have been enough. I am sure that doing the reduction has added pain to my recovery but it is not bad or anything to worry about. Like many of you if i went to the beach and decided to go for a swim i would always give my nipples a good pinch before taking my shirt off, this flattened me out and reduced the diameter of my areola. I am not into S&M but over the years my nips sure have been tortured with all that pinching.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Daddy...

Do you have any 'Before' & 'After' pics?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
Plenty of pictures,
not sure how to post them but i will  figure it out
How do you get them to show up in a message?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

To save space on this Server, best thing to do is to upload your pics to one of the many photo hosting Sites on the Net. Once you have uploaded your pics to the image host, post the link to your pics album here so that we know where to find them.

Johh.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
For those that have had gyne surgery, have your nipples gotten smaller?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

For those that have had gyne surgery, have your nipples gotten smaller?

Yes!   :D

John.

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 12:45:14 PM by daddynubbie »

Offline W0109021

• Posting Member
looking good.  and im sure there is still some swelling...   ps did a good job from what i can see.
thanks for time and help all, true great board and honest and helpful advise here

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
Thanks

It is funny, i have hidden this for so long and now i am posting pictures on the internet  Crazy. But the desire to encourage and help overrides embarrasment.  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Thanks

It is funny, i have hidden this for so long and now i am posting pictures on the internet.

For the whole world to see....  :o

But the desire to encourage and help overrides embarrasment.

Atta boy!  ;)   I posted my pics for the same reason....   :)

BTW Dude..... great results!

Did you slouch alot to help cover-up your Gyne? Looks like you are slouching big time in your pics... I noticed in the first couple of my post-op pics that I was slouching. I thought hey, I don't need to do that anymore. I've been standing tall ever since. Geeze, does it ever feel good to stand up straight and not have to slouch....  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 01:19:13 PM by Bambu »

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
Grampa,

I didnt think i was a sloucher but i guess so, i have been trying to train myself to hold my shoulders back and change my posture.I hope it is somthing i can correct.

Also i want to say thank you, i have read alot of these posts and you are a great encouragment to many people. Your words have power and that power has been used in kindness.

Offline RottonDane

• Posting Member
about how much extra cost would you say this adds to the total cost of surgery?

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
It is hard to say, he didnt break the cost down.

My total fee was $ 9,300.00

That seems high but this PS is top notch and i was treated very well. This included everything surgeon fees, operating room fee, anethesia ( general ), Assistant that stayed with me from start to finish, two compression vests and so far i have had 4 post op appointments he just wants to make sure everything looks perfect.

Procedures done all bi-lateral: Lipo of chest and around under arms, Gland excision, areola reduction

I am not having any problems with recovery, this guy has incredible creditials and is deffinetly one of the best.
He doesnt specialize just in gyno correction but does around 20 a year. In alot of ways i think the fact that he doesnt do a ton of them he is extremely carefull. There i no question that he wanted to give me a flat masculine looking chest.

I didnt get any insurance reimbusment and i am not even going to try. Life is to short for that battle just to end up with nothing.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 09:22:45 AM by daddynubbie »

Offline webster

• Silver Member
looks like a really good contour on your 'after pic'

the money don't matter if you can afford it -  be happy and as you say take your kids to the pool!

Webster.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024