Author Topic: hypogonadism resource Klinefelter photos etc    (Read 2857 times)

Offline Hypo-is-here

-I am adding what I feel is a very important resource to this site.

A very informative link that includes actual physical pictures of men with kallman syndrome and klinefelters syndrome.

I do this because a picture paints a thousand words and maybe it will help the odd person here and there to realize that they are maybe someone who has one of these conditions.

Of course these photographs do not tell the whole story by any means and you cannot say that because you do not look like an individual concerned that you do not have one of these syndromes- however if you have many of the traits and it helps you to get diagnosed I have done my job!

I do not want anyone to mock or say anything untoward regarding any of the men that suffer- anything along such lines would lack humanity and be a disgrace to this site.

So please everyone, if you do comment be sensitive.

Within the link there are also many helpful educating resources that again may help many individuals.

I would hope that this is somehow stickied on the site or placed somewhere where it can be accessed on a permanent basis.

Knowledge is power!

http://www.get-back-on-track.com/en/professionals/00_meta/07_praesentationen/p_con_0007_01_03.php
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:32:05 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Hypo-is-here

Quote un-named person
Just to clarify hypogonadism is very much like(or is) Klinfelter Syndrome? I was looking at some of that information that you posted in general and that seems to be what I got from it.
Unquote

No Klinefleter Syndrome is ONE specific type of hypogonadim that relates to a chromosomal abnormality of which there are others.

But you do not have to appear with anything like such symptoms in order to have hypogonadism.

E.g

Mike Tyson could develop hypogonadism tomorrow and he would still be Mike Tyson.  The body shape would stay for the most part (reduced muscle mass and reduced testicular size), the skeletal system would remain the same, although he could start to suffer bone loss that could develop an osteo condition- penis size would be unaffected.

Men who develop hypogonadism post puberty whether it is via testicular, pituitary or metabolic issues have symptoms of hypogonadism but have normal skeletal and genital development and usually do not have quite as bad musculature.  

Also they do not have the body proportions resulting from poor skeletal development or even the increased height that is sometimes associated with the aforementioned conditions.

Like I said I got hypogonadism post puberty, so I am not tall have normal development.

It depends upon when an individual is hit with these problems as to how they are affected.

I hope the information helps people.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:29:07 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
After looking at those photos I'm starting to feel better that I only have Gynecomastia that can easily be corrected by surgery. Thanks for the post Hypo.

EDIT: This is also a good way to assure people if there Gynecomastia may be caused by this sympton or not. I suggest evreyone check out this site.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 06:20:27 PM by Allan7865 »

Offline Hypo-is-here

I think the site is extremely useful- hence me bringing it to peoples attention.

What I would say is this;

I don't think anyone can take a look at any of the photographs and presume anything, like "I do not have hypogonadism" etc for the reasons I have already stated.  

However what some people may be able to do is note if they have similararities with a given photograph and use that with a view to obtaining further investigations.

So I think it can help rule in certain issues but not neccesarily rule them out if you understand me.

The site also offers a wealth of information on hypogonadism and its effects including an interactive symptomatic test similar to one that I have given to people in the past.

It also rubbishes the idea that hypogonadism only occurs below the normal reference ranges- as people can see som of the men on the site have klinefelter syndrome but testosterone levels deemed to be within the normal range.

This highlights the inherent inadequacy of pathology alone and shows why symptoms need to be taken into account when considering a diagnosis for testosterone deficiency/hypogonadism.

Anyway I am wittering on- I hope people find the site helpful.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024