Author Topic: Gland Exorcism  (Read 1254 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Hey All,

I am a 24 year old male, 6'1", 190lbs in Canada. I am getting surgery for my gyno in 1-2 months after I have lived with this problem my entire life.

Apparently I will be getting a glandular excision only, although I am skeptical about this. So I have a couple questions about this procedure.

1. It is my understanding that the gland may or not be mixed with fat. If a doctor is using a scalpel or whatever, and not lipo - how will he remove the gland?

2. How big can the gland *get to be*? I am really concerned, after reading these boards, that a gland excision may not be *enough*. I have pretty large, puffy nipples, and the chest follows to this with a cone like shape. How can a cone shape like this be imposed by a small gland behind my nipples?

3. I want to keep this procedure incogneto, aka secret. I am just worried that a lengthy recovery time and changed lifestyle may give it away. (I am a student who will be doing some teaching at University). What is the recovery time and pain and all that like for a strictly gland excision surgery, versus a combined lipo+excision operation? Will I be in a better boat for these considerations with a pure gland excision?

4. Will I be required to wear a compression vest for a gland excision? I was thinking this may be too prominant, so I was thinking of rigging up something with duct tape and gauze to be more secretive.

I have been waiting for this surgery for a long time, and the date is still up in the air (late august - late september). I need this surgery to move on with my life, but I find the closer I get to it, the more I worry about it. Even now I am having dreams (and nightmares) about it on a continual basis. The timing of the surgery is really bugging me because it will be so random. I am working a deskjob till the end of August, and then I return to study. However, I do have a seminar weekend on August 19-21, and type of retreat September 3-4. I am worried about having the surgery precede these two dates, I will have to miss them - which will have MAJOR career implications for me. Yet if I miss the date, I may have to wait another 6 months ;-(. Right now I am just sitting with my fingers crossed that the surgery isnt close to these dates.

Oh well,
Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024