Author Topic: help with a coulpe of questions please.  (Read 1965 times)

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
hi all,

im looking to book a consultation with the doc soon and was wondering about a few points.
im 33 and i did use steroids for a while a few years ago, decca and dynabol(during my bulk up at the gym and no-one will notice my gyne!) period. should i mention this during the consultation? ive had gyne since puberty and it didnt get any better/worse whilst using steriods. (i also used tamoxifen when i finished a cycle)
will this make the doc less inclined to operate?
what about those few rifas i smoked?
will the doc be totally on my side or looking for an easy route out if the op doesnt go very well?
is honesty the best policy?

many thanks for your help.

tazz.

Offline Grrrrr

• Posting Member
I don't know where your from. But if there's any chance you might get insurance, full or part coverage you might just want to keep that little bit of info to yourself  ;)

And if your in the US your PS may want to go down the pre-op hormone testing route. This is usually covered by insurance and an endocrine investigation can be pretty expensive. Admitting prior drug use may end up meaning you end up paying for those tests yourself.

Otherwise agree with billy boy,

Grrr
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 07:43:40 AM by Grrrrr »

Offline flex1appeal

Grrr is right. However, insurance aside it doesn't matter what you tell the doctor. I somehow don't think the real question was addressed here. If I understand the question which is will my doctor be less inclined to operate if he knows I used AAS or smoke a few J's? Not at all. The surgeon should be completely unbiased and cannot deny you surgery based on your drug history. His job isn't to judge your past it is simply to operate. As simple as it can be, show him some money and it's a done deal. Now, Grrr does bring up an interesting point about insurance. That's a totally seprate issue though. But he is right. If you plan on going thru insurance you may want to zip it as insurance companies DO care about anything that they can show was self induced. They probably will deny your claim for these reasons mentioned. But I don't work in the insurance industry so I couldn't tell you.

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
thanks for the replys,

im in the uk and insurance doesnt even come into it so thats that sorted!
seriously though, im in two minds whether to admit all.
its nice to hear other opinions.  ;)
take care.

tazz

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Seriously though, im in two minds whether to admit all.

As the others have mentioned, how you arrived at having gyne should be none of your PS's business. However, if you are asked if you have used performance enhancing substances on a questionaire, then be honest my man. If the PS refuses to operate based on using PES's alone, then just go to another PS and check the 'NO' box for using PES's.  :P

I normally don't condone lying, but in this case what your PS doesn't know, wont hurt him/her....  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024