Author Topic: I'm terrified.  (Read 2536 times)

Offline AlexElmoLee

Hi guys. I'm 20 y. I've suffered from gyno for years. As a matter of fact, It's only in the recent years, this symptom was found by my friends. Though I have long notice the problem, I'm now really feel embarrassed. After read this site, I finally find relieved and encouraged enough to go to hospital with my mother.  The doctor let me to have a blood examing, for some sort of hormone.

Today, a went to hospital check the report of blood examing.  However, i find something scary.  My estradiol and testosterone are a little bit higher than normal. However, my prolactin is 2 times more than nomal higher limit. The doctor suggest me to have a MRI... it's seems a tumor on the pituitary body?

This time i really terrified. Can anybody help me?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
you don't know there's one there for sure until tests comes back positive.  did he discuss whether that would involve an operation or be treatable otherwise?  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline AlexElmoLee

He said if there's one, operation and medicine may both  help. People may tend to choose the latter. You know a operation on pituitary body means highly risk. However, as far as i know, medicine treatment can only conterbalance some prolactin and does nothing to tumor.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 06:16:34 PM by zelmo »

Offline nogyne29

• Posting Member
  • headstrong
try to stay positive alex. i know its rough not knowing exactly what is going to happen to you. but just keep thinking positive thoughts that you will overcome this situation. good luck hombre.

Offline ninja_mission

• Posting Member
Take heart, man.

Actually, you reminded us other whiners to be glad for what we have and to litterally not make mountains out of mole hills.

We're with you in spirit. when is the op?

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
how did the results come back?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024