Author Topic: how much to remove?  (Read 2324 times)

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
I went to the plastic surgeon, and among other questions she asked me how much I wanted to remove, that is, did I want my chest to be competely flat or leave a little bit of fat there....

I'd read on these boards that sometimes too much can be taken out, resulting in an unnatural look... I definitely dont want something like that, so I told her to leave some fat, as long as it looks natural... she said she's leave about 30%...

After living with gynecomastia for 12 years though, the prospect of a completely flat chest is really appealing. My surgery is still a couple of weeks away, and I'm wondering if my decision is right. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member
mine was taken completely out and it was A LOT.  I can see my chest muscles now especially when I flex them.  It looks so cool!! :) You can see them flex from under my shirt too with just a slight flex.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Frodo, I don't know if this helps but my surgeon told me he usually tried to sculpt the chest at about the same thickness as the area with the least fat between the chest and belly.  A week and a half after the surgery I'm more than pleased with that result.  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 03:18:02 AM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
mine was taken completely out and it was A LOT.  I can see my chest muscles now especially when I flex them.  It looks so cool!! :) You can see them flex from under my shirt too with just a slight flex.

That's awesome -  Congrats on the new chest!   Now that so much has been removed from my chest I can't wait to see what I'm going to look like after some time at the gym!  8)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This opinion may be disregarded since it comes from an old man who is living with the condition and probably would not have surgery now even if it were free.

But,--------

If there is even the most remote possibility of error. (and there always is)

It is better to err on the side of caution.

Should you want to go back later and lipo out a bit more fat, it can be done.

But smoothing out the contour where too much was removed initially is a different matter.
Grandpa Dan

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
IMO, if i'm getting the op i'd go for her removing all the fat/gland.  you can always diet down to get rid of the belly. the moobs have been a thorn in your side for how long now? why take the chance, get the fat/gland completely removed and be done with it.

Offline Gilbert

• Posting Member
paw paw hit it on the spot.  A surgeon will usually agree to take more out.  But putting some back in is a much different process.  Having the whole thing taken out at once can result in an inverted nipple.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024