Author Topic: Some statistics...  (Read 1631 times)

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Thanks Reymysterio,

This is a good read for those who like to dig a little deeper into the possible causes of the condition.  It does get posted on the boards from time to time along with other papers, and is always welcome.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline nogyne29

• Posting Member
  • headstrong
from reading this article, i gather that gyne can be successfully treated through drug therapy if you address it in its early stages. the tricky part is trying to catch gyne in the early stages. for most boys who develop gyne during puberty, it is seen as quite normal and will correct itself in time. the problem comes when after two or three years and the gyne has not regressed. by that time, its already too late to have any significant success with drugs. which leads me to conclude that anyone who thinks they are at risk of developing gyne should seek drug therapy at the onset of gyne. treating gyne while in its early developing stages will yield great results. to me, this seems like a reasonable approach to handling gyne. so in my mind, family doctors should be ready and willing to follow this protocol. i think too many of us are tired of hearing the "its normal and will go away in time" line. >:(

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
well said.  it's interesting that one of the studies they cited about reduction under therapy was itself inconclusive about complete remission, but the idea of entrenchment after time based on denser growth is what you'd have expected anyway.  i'm still skeptical about the prevalence they cite in the general population based on the 1993 study, i think it's either overstated or based on a definition that includes trivial indicators, but once you're past the complex chemistry it make interesting points.  
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 08:04:00 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
So i should kill my endo, since he said "It will go away without therapy". Now I'm 23 years old and I've a quite big gland....
I know what having surgery means:I had 2 surgeries in my life because of very serious stomach problems.
My body should look perfect without this fuckin'  glandular condition.
I think that doctors should begin to seriously deal with this problem because it can really affect the sufferer's mind!!
I'm tired to have it .... Now I think that the only thing I can do is going under the knife but I fear it!!!!!!!!!!
One last thing...
Endocrninologists, take care of guys with pubertal gyno and help them to solve the problem before surgery will become the only option.
Bye and Hi.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024