Author Topic: Pictures of swelling anyone?  (Read 3047 times)

Offline SomeDude420

• Posting Member
Hello anyone who is kind enough to read this.  I am 7 or 8 days post op (kinda lost track) and i am having extreme swelling on my right side but my left has turned out very nicely.  I would post a pic but i dont have a webcam or anything, so if anyone would be kind enough to post pics of their swelling that would be much appreciated.  My swelling does not seem normal, although my doc assured me it was, but it is actually bigger than it was pre-op so i am somewhat concerned.  so please reply if its not too much trouble. thanks.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Hello anyone who is kind enough to read this.  I am 7 or 8 days post op (kinda lost track) and i am having extreme swelling on my right side but my left has turned out very nicely.  I would post a pic but i dont have a webcam or anything, so if anyone would be kind enough to post pics of their swelling that would be much appreciated.  My swelling does not seem normal, although my doc assured me it was, but it is actually bigger than it was pre-op so i am somewhat concerned.  so please reply if its not too much trouble. thanks.

Sounds like it could be some fluid build-up.  It happened to me and the PS was able to remove it by inserting a needle in the appropriate place.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline The Real Deal

• Posting Member
  • Click below for my before and after shots!
I also had some fluid drained, there are actually numb spots where they can stick the needle so it doesnt hurt.
At about 8 weeks I still have swelling on one side.
The compression vest is important for this - make sure you have one and keep it on. Good Luck
"The Real Deal" knows how you feel!

Offline notko

Sounds like it could be some fluid build-up.  It happened to me and the PS was able to remove it by inserting a needle in the appropriate place.

Do you have to wear the vest after fluid remove?

Offline Mr_Nip

I was told to wear compression t-shirts (I chose underworks.com) when I was 1 1/2 weeks post op.  I wore it after the draining and am still wearing them to control swelling and skin retraction.  They are comfortable though and wearing them is no big deal.  

Offline readytoswim

• Posting Member
How do you know if you need to be drained?

Today, for the first time I went out and did some yard work (ie. mowed, watered, picked up branches, etc.)  I am 11 days post op and wore the underworks tank top for compression while doing yard work.  I had my chest as well as abs and flanks done and feel and look pretty swollen.  I'm not sure if I just was a little too active today and I need to relax, or maybe I have fluid.  I have noticed over that last week my chest and abs have been looking and feeling a little full, almost as if I have eaten a huge meal.  They tend to be at their smallest when I first wake in the morning, so I'm sure it is just normal swelling.  I have read on here that people look their best when they are initially out of surgery and then tend to "plump" up before they go back down.

I guess my main question is how do you know if you need to get drained?  My next dr.'s appt isn't for another couple of weeks.
I will never forget this place when I become a rich and famous underwear model!

Offline Mr_Nip

Call your PS's office and let them know of your concern about fluid and swelling.  They may want to see you sooner to evaluate the situation.  

And yes at 11 days post op you probably did too much today, especially if you used a push mower.  

Offline readytoswim

• Posting Member
It was a push mower.  However, I didn't really feel any more swollen than if I had just been wearing my underworks without my tensor around the house.  I'd hate to think that something as unstrenuous as mowing could be too much.  I go back to work in five days at a potentially physical occupation.  I hope I'm ready, I will have taken off 17 days of work total for my surgery.

If I did have fluid that needed to be drained, what would the negatives be if I waited two weeks to get it done?  Unfortunately I am 3 1/2 hours from the doctor, so it is not so easy to just hop on by for a visit.

On the lighter side, the yard looks great.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:25:17 PM by readytoswim »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024