Author Topic: How long do I wear the bandage?  (Read 4058 times)

Offline ovuca

• Posting Member
I'm told to wear the bandage for 6 days, but its getting loose, and I reckon a compression vest would give more pressure. Although swelled, I've healed nicely with little blood and excess fluid.

Offline ovuca

• Posting Member

Offline flex1appeal

I am surprised your surgeon didn't get you a compression vest to begin with. I was told to wear it for 6 weeks except during showers. It helps to reduce swelling and bruising significantly. I am finding it to be quit helpful in easing my discomfort and maximizing my recovery. I had the surgery a week ago tomorrow

Offline ovuca

• Posting Member
I did get a compression vest, but I was supposed to wear the bandage (which also gave compression) for 6 days before I switched.

Offline flex1appeal

Hmmm, I never wore anything but the vest. I have been wearing it for a week now and am suppose to go 5 more weeks according to the surgeon. Though I have taken it off a few times for 3-4 minutes tops.

Offline ovuca

• Posting Member
Yeah, six weeks for me too. Happy about the results so far?

Offline flex1appeal

Well, I know it is very soon to tell but I could see a tremendous difference that day. I like the way my chest looks now and once the swelling and bruising go down completely I am hoping my opinion doesn't change. Or at least it changes for the better. I have no more puffy nipples and fat by my armpit and nipple area. I am very paranoid after hearing all these stories about disappointment here from similar stories. It's alot of money to be disappointed. My surgeon says he will not charge me if we need to correct something but I still have to pay for operating room and anesthia and stuff again. That is expensive by itself. So hopefully no more needs to be done.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024