Author Topic: JOURNAL: DR CRAIG FIELDING -- 11/29/06  (Read 7300 times)

Offline nitewatch

• Posting Member
* PROCEDURE: GLAND REMOVAL/LIPOSUCTION
* SURGEON: DR. CRAIG FIELDING
* SURGERY DATE/TIME: 11/29/2006 11:00 AM
* HOSPITAL: ST. JOSEPH'S, TORONTO
* COST: $1,908 CDN, INCLUDING GST

PRE SURGERY PICS:

POST SURGERY PICS / DAY 2:

Hello, all. This is my journal of my experience after surgery with Dr. Craig Fielding (sometimes referred to as JCF).

Had surgery today with JCF at 11:00 am. Arrived at 8:30 am. Surgery was about 1.5 hours.

My nerves were great until I seen the big operating table just for little me then I started panicking which could be seen through the heart monitoring machine that was beeping quite quickly. Within minutes of being hooked up to the intravenous I was out like a light. I don't remember even going to sleep, just talking to Dr. Fielding and suggesting that he could take more fat from around the waste since he was already doing lipo :)

After a good 1 hour of sleep I awoke up absolutely alert and ready to leave and go home, but wasn't allowed to leave until they monitored me further. The hospital staff were great and very considerate at St. Joesph's.

Although I cannot see what is going on under the "patty bandages" and vest I can only assume things are alright. Dr. Fielding said the surgery was a great success and found no abnormal issues in the surgery process. He said he removed a good deal of gland material, which sounds great after the fact.

I woke up with a vest and bandages applied to me which are fairly comfortable at this point.

It has been 9 hours and so far no pain. I chose to decline pain killers as I believe they are a 'take as absolutely necessary' option. I plan to stay away from them unless severe, unbearable pain ensues.

I have a desk job (web developer) so I am looking to jump immediately into work. Some may suggest this as a bad idea, but I really feel great as of tonight. What tomorrow morning holds, is a different story. My job requires very little physical movement, almost as much as it takes to write this post. We'll see!

To those scared of the operation process. Relax. The pain for me nonexistent at this point, but I plan to keep you all up-to-date on this post so bookmark it if you're looking at surgery. Also a point about affordability that I have pressed on before: there are financing options for those who can't afford to dish out the $2K right away! Get in touch with www.Medicard.com or www.CreditMedical.com. Don't live with suffering over affordability. Get the coverage right away and feel great about yourself.

Anyways, I owe this board my current state of happiness and hope the process and the bandage removal process Tuesday shows much improvement! I thank the board administrators, especially Grampa Bambu as he has provided me with the ambition and courage to tackle this feat.

I look forward to posting tomorrow my first day post-op experience. If any one has any questions about the procedure or my experience day-to-day I will reply with detail.

POST OP DAY 1

Morning

Minimum pain experienced only by applying pressure. I don't know how the doctor did it, but he managed to cut me open, remove fat and gland and it just feels mildly uncomfortable. So good in fact, I am going to work today. I woke up alert and well rested. Don't fret, my job is a desk job where I develop/code web sites so I won't have any issues with overdoing myself. The amount of "work" required is about the same as typing out a post, really....only for 8 hours.

Afternoon

Work went well, it's only 4:54...only a few minutes to work being done. Only slight pain, nothing anyone couldn't handle without any pain killers. Hoping for another tempestuous-less day tomorrow!

POST OP DAY 2

Morning

No real pain. I great deal of "healing feeling" overcomes me in the morning. I don't know how any one could need pain killers for this, but I guess everyone has a different measure of tolerance. Anyways, I am starting to feel the itchy feeling from these "patties" and the tape. I pulled back the patties a bit last night to see the progress for the first time. Here's my report on what I seen: Pretty flat, slightly swollen. I noticed the nipples are indented a bit, but I've read these forums enough to expect that. After having boobs for so many years, having dented nipples for a few months isn't gonna bother me. The whole situation down there seems to be almost "perfect". When I say perfect I mean the procedure itself seems to be flawless. JCF seems to really do what he needs to do and nothing more, which is great.

Afternoon

I got home from work after been considerably itchy from the patty bandages and vest. I took all of it off to reset the placement of the bandages and vest and was greatly confronted with the greatest sight a male with gynecomastia could ever see -- a flat chest. I'm not sure if I am allowed to remove these bandages but the itchiness made it absolutely necessary. I plan to re-apply these bandages within the hour, so no worries.

My nipples have no feeling to them, but everything else seems fairly perfect. Looks like there is some swelling, but nothing I can't handle. Well, I'm off to put my vest on. Tuesday is my official "remove bandages" day.

POST OP DAY 3 & 4 (WEEKEND)

Morning

No real pain to speak of, but half of a T3 seemed to help with sleep as the bandages and compression vest can make you twitch in the night. Still some swelling but overall the process has been painless for the most part. I wear the vest all throughout the day.

Afternoon

In the afternoon the vest becomes itchy at times and I remove it for a few hours for rest. The bottom part can also be tight around your chest and cause discomfort. I find that removing the vest for short periods of time allows me to cope with the discomfort throughout the rest of the day. Taking half of a T3 before bed allows me to sleep comfortably.

POST OP DAY 5

Morning

Same old stuff. Nothing really new to report. Pain minimalizes each day a bit. I don't take any pain killers, though. I notice that when I sit I still have some "boob" so-to-speak, but nothing like before. I think this is probably 50% swollen tissue and therefore haven't panicked at all about it.

Afternoon

No pain, really but took half of a T3 to calm any itching before bed. Tomorrow is the bandage removal day. I think the doctor is going to be pleased with the results. My one hope is that there won't be any need for revision surgery. We'll see! I will report Dr. Fielding's conversation with me and what he thinks are the next steps and any revision details if necessary.

POST OP DAY 6 -- BANDAGE REMOVAL DAY

Morning

Same old stuff. Went to the doctor at St. Joesph's at 12:45 pm. Dr. Fielding said that everything is as he had hoped and no further work will be needed. Just to look forward to healing. The doctor explained that I should not do any workouts with regards to weight training until 4 weeks have passed. Doesn't seem like too long to wait.

Afternoon

Nothing new from the afternoon. I find I need a break after work from this vest so I remove it for a few hours after work.

POST OP DAY 10

Right nipple is dead to feeling, left one I have sensitivity. I cut my sutcher(sp?) strings down today. The are very coarse, I don't understand how these things disintegrate in your body.

No real pain to speak of. I do notice that the swelling does stay for a bit, so don't get discouraged if your results are not immediate. I think this swelling will continue for a week more or 2. Any suggestions for those who are concerned with the swelling process?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 06:42:11 PM by nitewatch »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world without gyne!   ;D

I hope everything going forward goes as smoothly as your surgery has up 'till now.  Don't work too hard for the next few days and keep us posted.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats ......

Looking good so far dude. May the healing process go well for U....

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
Hey nitewatch, good diary, please let us know how it's going!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024