Author Topic: Best Post-Op Regimen???  (Read 2181 times)

Offline gynoman

• Posting Member
What is the most effective way to reduce the appearance of a gland removal scar as well as the development of scar tissue.

I’ve heard everything from meloderm scar fade cream to coco butter w/ vitamin E.

Thanks

Gynoman

Offline rcbrown23

I think the best thing you can do right now is take it easy. In my opinion, if you strain yourself in the first couple of weeks post op, that is when the scar tissue starts coming. If there is no scar tissue, then there's probably not much of a reason to massage. If you start feeling the spongy tissue coming in, start massaging gently.

My doc told me that it is VERY important to keep pressure on you chest. He advises to wear the vest, and also to cross your arms periodically throughout the day with your palms on your pecks, and apply pressure. He recommended doing this quite often throughout the day, for a few to 10 mins or so at a time. He says that this helps the tissue find it's new home, and more importantly, keeps everything even so less fluid and scar tissue can build up. Seems like good info to me, so I'm going to do it.

How's the healing proccess coming so far??

Offline gynoman

• Posting Member
thanks.

think it is going well. may be moving about too much.

it has been 7 days now. had real gyno removed, no fat. so no lipo.

swelling is almost gone.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024