Author Topic: Dr. Bermant Question  (Read 2881 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I had areola reduction with donut procedure done about 17 days ago. My PS tells me I need not to worry about my areola falling off because it would of happened withing the first week. Is this true? Should I still be concerned this might happen? I get worried that when the steristrips come off so will my nipple. Am I being paranoid? Dr. Bermant can you please answer this question directly or can someone else advise. Thanks ???

DrBermant

I had areola reduction with donut procedure done about 17 days ago. My PS tells me I need not to worry about my areola falling off because it would of happened withing the first week. Is this true? Should I still be concerned this might happen? I get worried that when the steristrips come off so will my nipple. Am I being paranoid? Dr. Bermant can you please answer this question directly or can someone else advise. Thanks ???
Typical healing tissue continues to improve its blood supply by reconnecting its damaged blood supply.  The greatest risk is often before 6 to 10 days after surgery, but re-injury, infection, nicotine, and other factors can get in the way of healing tissues.  It can take some time for healing tissues to get reasonably strong to withstand stress.  These are issues best discussed with your surgeon who is most familiar with the original problem and what was done.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024