Author Topic: what to tell people afterwards?  (Read 7399 times)

Offline unsure

• Bronze Member
so after you have the op, if your problem was bad but could easily be hidden under baggy shirts and sweaters,.... what do you tell people?  i have been lifting and working out lots i guess?

or... dieting,

how do you try to hide it from people that you had the opperation and make them believe you just lost some weight?

gimme some advice?

or just talk about things as they were after the surgery

like who you decided to tell?  and especially if there is anyone out there who has hidden the fact they got the procedure done from their lovers?

Offline GOT-TA-GO

• Posting Member
Hey friend, I am 8 days post op, and kinda thought about not telling anyone, but I was tired of hiding behind this gyne and I said no more. I went 32 years
thinking I was a freak of nature and no one on earth but me had this, so not true. After getting the surgery last week I have told everybody I know, you would not
believe the respone I have had. One of my friends said his son has it, another friend said he thinks he has it, others have said yes I know someone or of someone who had this. I found out talking to people and not hiding this helps me know I am not alone (was not alone) :D  So spread the word you may help a kid that
has this and thinks he is a freak like I thought. If anybody says anything negitive about you because of this, tell them to kiss ass, you don't need them anyway.

I hope this helps u out, getting this surgery is the best thing I have ever done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!after 32 years i can take my damn shirt off and feel good about it.... ;D
SEE U ON THE OTHER SIDE

Offline flannelman

• Posting Member
Ok...that's a good question.

Heres what I did.

I was so insecure about it, that  I didn't want anyone to know I had the operation.  (including my girlfriend of 6 years, of whom I also share a house with.)  After I had the operation,  I had to wear one of those enlarged ankle bracelets over my chest area for 3 weeks, just like everyone else does on this board.  During the time I was wearing it, I told my girlfriend that I had somehow got infected with *contact dermatitis* and had to wear the bandage for a few weeks to make sure the "rash" didn't spread.  It sounds cheesy, but I think it worked.  After I took my shirt off,  Gyne free,  she really didn't remark about my new chest.  As you know,  a habit that we have formed is to stay away from any activity that would require the removal of our shirts, so by that custom, my girlfriend hardly saw me topless.  Either I really pulled this off well, or she knows about it and just isn't saying anything.  Time will tell.  And I will let you know if she ever tells me.   As far as friends or relatives, I would just tell them you lost weight.  Why tell them?  It's really nobodys business but your own...right?   Hey pal, I'm looking out for you.

Offline daniel82

• Posting Member
i think id rather say i had breasts than a spreadable rash...

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
lol, me too!

Sorry, but she must know! If you live with her... share a bed with her etc How can she possibly fail to notice that you have just had an operation?!

IT

Offline troubled-teen-uk

• Silver Member
  • ...pass the vitamin e oil.
i've told people i had an op. on some glands. which were faulty.
not that i had gland tissue removed for breastboy disease.
cause frankly. i'd get ripped.

another idea is say you got drunk. got both your nipples pierced. and they then got infected and had to be removed via incision.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 12:49:00 AM by troubled-teen-uk »
glandular gyne - 5 years. 4/5cm areola swelling.
gland removed by incision (no lipo) under private insurance in the UK - July 14th '04.
PS - T Abdullah.
surgery score - 7/10 --- advice score - 4/10

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
another idea is say you got drunk. got both your nipples pierced. and they then got infected and had to be removed via incision. That's a good one! Not sure it'll work for me, I should be past that sort of trick at 44 ...
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline serg

• Silver Member
My line was that I tore some muscles while doing weights.

Offline Spleen

Sorry, but she must know! If you live with her... share a bed with her etc How can she possibly fail to notice that you have just had an operation?!

No doubt.  And don't you think it's kind of ridiculous to try to "hide" this from someone you've been with for 6 years?  Where's the trust?  

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
My line was that I tore some muscles while doing weights.

me too

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
havn't had the op yet but my line is "I dropped the bench press bar on my chest (and nipples) really hard." What do you guys think.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
If the gyno is really gone after surgery then I would have no problem telling the truth.

In fact, I think it would make a funny story. But that's only if I get rid of it and could look back on the whole thing.

You people actually scare me, there seems to be a lot of post op people on this board. What I'm wondering is why if you're post op do you still come here? Is the gyno still there on all of you or something?

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
If the gyno is really gone after surgery then I would have no problem telling the truth.

In fact, I think it would make a funny story. But that's only if I get rid of it and could look back on the whole thing.

You people actually scare me, there seems to be a lot of post op people on this board. What I'm wondering is why if you're post op do you still come here? Is the gyno still there on all of you or something?

dude.. wow
let me inform you-

getting the operation ( even successfully) is a major step in the journey towards being/feeling normal" chest-wise.It is the end of the beginning and the beginning of the end.

its only the first phase (albeit the most important and necessary one) in a 2 phase journey ( and its only 2 phase provided that one only ends up requiring the single operation).

in many cases, notably my own, there are actually a lot more questions, concerns and stresses present on the post-op side of this whole rusty coin, than there were beforehand.

now begins another journey
... and the saga continues

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Dude.... Who ever told you that this Site is just for those who 'have' Gynecomastia? This Site if for the sharing of information relating to Gynecomastia. Whether you are Pre-Op or Post-Op or someone who doesn't have Gyne but just wants to research the condition.

"Please drop by our discussion boards if you want advice, or if you can give advice to other people with Gynecomastia"  -  Merle Yost....  ( as written on this Sites' home page )

If there were no Post-Op'ers on this Site, who could Pre-Op'ers talk to about having surgery to remove their Gyne? It's very comforting to be able to communicate with others who have gynecomastia and those who had gyne, and have experienced the removal proceedure.

Dude, don't be so negative....

John.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 05:12:02 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
So far I've told my mom, my girlfriend, and one of my best friends.  If my surgery goes as well as I'm hoping and I can look back on this without worries, I have a feeling I will be very open about it, but for now I'm trying to keep it a secret.

I've been wearing the style 997 shirt from UnderWorks.com and several people at school have told me that I've lost weight, which I actually have (dropped a notch on my belt), but also because they aren't really seeing any breasts anymore.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024